SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks mate,I only saw them for the first time today:thumbup:

do you get much induction noise with it as you open the throttle?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I might give one a try then and hopefully the Autotune will correct the changes in the fuelling if any?:D

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I run one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Think I might give one a try then and hopefully the Autotune will correct the changes in the fuelling if any?:D
Don't worry about the fueling mate if you are running the Autotune, it will adjust no problem. I would be tempted to drill your side panels as well as I have just to allow a bit more air in, again the Autotune will compensate accordingly:thumbup:

Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
what sort of exhaust system are you running ?

if you're on a stock pipe you are wasting your time with the K&N etc as you will be choking the power as soon as the gasses reach the system

If you are running a better system, Arrow, LV or similar then the K&N will be a worth while upgrade. You FI guys are so lucky with your autotune, the fact that you don't have to mess about with jets is so cool

the K&N will let through more air = more fuel=more power

you shold notice an increase in torque with this filter on:thumbup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The same goes for drilling the side panels on ours running the Autotune, if I remember correctly after drilling your panels didn't you have to increase the main jet to compensate? Or was that someone else:hmmm:

Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep that was me, I was surprised to see how much difference drilling holes in the side panels made.

There is a guy in the UK who tunes KTM 450 smr's and he researched how big the holes should be and exactly where in the side panels they should be to gain maximum benefit, too bad this is just on KTM's though.

I do know that lots of smaller holes are better than a few large holes as the large holes create a vortex in the airbox

·
Registered
185 Posts
If that is the case then anyone running the Autotune would be nuts NOT to drill the side panels:headscrat I drilled mine in a similar size layout to the factory 530RR, after all those boys MUST know what they are doing:thumbup:
Don't know how much difference it made, as I only put it on the dyno after I did it:hmmm:

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts