SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Wr plated in SD but they decided to look up the VIN instead of just using the "MC" I put on my form and now my title has "Off Road" on it Which means i cant transfer it to where i am now. So my next option is to transfer it to Vermont to get an "MC" title so i can transfer it here. Anyone else done this? Its already converted to SM and fully street legal and the title is in my name.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why transfer it keep it tag in SD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if i ever plan on selling it. It'll be useless to someone if they cant plate it. and when i move back to ca i can register it there if it was registered where i am now. and with a CA plate it'll be worth way more than it is even now.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A lot of states have a form to convert an off road only bike to street. Here in VA I actually just went in with a dirt title and said I wanted to put it on the street. I said it had lights etc and they gave me a street title. If that didn't work I did have a form with a check list on it. Things like a mirror. Horn. Sidestand etc. I know California isn't like that but many others are. My experience with the SD route has never produced a dirt title so I can't answer your direct question.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What year is it?

I plated my 94 KX in VT just with a bos. (*I bought the bike from a friend*)

FYI, VT sends you the reg first then the plate a week later, or viceversa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts