SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey errrbody,

I just threw a full fmf system (powerbomb header and powercore 4 slip-on) on my bike and was wondering what jet kit i should use. I am right about at sea level, maybe 400 ft above at most. The exhaust sounds great and added some mid range power, but im sure now that its breathing better it would benefit even more from being jetted.

So, i am curious if anyone is running the same exhaust (or something close, at least the same header), and if so did you install a jet kit and what can you tell me from your experiences?

Also, anyone have a SM model swing arm laying around? Ive been told they are wider than my E model arm and i would love to run a 160 tire as opposed to the 140.

Any info is much appreciated!!! :bowdown:

Oh and heres a pic when i first got it, need to take some new ones now with the new exhaust and tires

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have FMF T4 with an "E" header and had it jetted with a 160 and this thing flys, I want to upgrade to the powerbomb as well but probably in a fwe months.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Do the jet kit asap to avoid any damage to the motor from running lean from the header pipe. Did you cut the 3x3 as well?

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the jet kit asap to avoid any damage to the motor from running lean from the header pipe. Did you cut the 3x3 as well?
Ya for sure, i plan on doing this as soon as i find out what to get. Oh and Im from SC too. In san luis obispo right now for school but im up there all the time.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Not sure what carb i have, it is whatever comes stock on a 2001 drz400 E. And yes did the 3x3
Then it should have the FCR on there. Here's you a starting point, this and a lot of other great info about the DRZ over at TT as well.

160 main jet
200 main air jet
EMN needle
clip 3
45 pilot jet
remove pilot air jet
2 turns fuel screw
o-ring mod

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have the same exhaust set up as you on my sm and i went with the moose racing stage two jet kit

·
Registered
428 Posts
Im running the same xhaust with a slant FCR39 with thi set up:

3x3 Mod w/ twin air
FMF powercore 4 with powerbobmb header
160 main
40 Pilot
35 Starter
Stock fuel settings (wasn't sure where to set)

If you don't have an FCR, please, please get one. Well worth the money, and the slant model is a bit cheaper than the MX. Makes a WORLD of difference!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts