SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 1800 miles on my bike, and the front is just fine, but the back is slightly getting worn down. Definitely won't have to change it too soon though.

How many miles do you guys plan to get out of your rear, stock, tires on the SMC? Planning on similar tires for the next time?

·
Registered
310 Posts
at the rate im going ill be lucky to get 1800 out of my rear tire.

·
Registered
102 Posts
pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's grip very well and heat up pretty quick
+1 I love these tires.

Once you get those Conti's scrubbed in, let us know how you like them.

I read this about them on the Motostrano site and it peaked my interest....."Bar none, the most recommended street tire available for your street-going Supermoto bike".

JOHN

·
Registered
599 Posts
IMO conti sm will be a step down. I've had them before on my duke.

the problem with the dragon supercorsa pro is WHICH COMPOUND do we have?

·
Registered
120 Posts
any wera roadrace you can buy them by the truckfull from SV racers. i haven't paid more than $50 for a set of tires in years.

·
Registered
189 Posts
any wera roadrace you can buy them by the truckfull from SV racers. i haven't paid more than $50 for a set of tires in years.

:hmmm:That's pretty hard to believe, are you buying their used tires? I don't think theres a way in hell you can buy a new set of tires for $50:headshake

Anyway I'm ordering a Michelin Pilot Road 2 today for more durability, I just had over 1500mi. on the stock supercorsa's when the steel belts started showing through. Great tire but terrible wear for the money.....then again I was pretty balls to the wall on her.:rock:

·
6,598 Posts
+1

if you want to use supercorsa's the best way to go is to buy track/raceday take-offs. that's what I do, saves me a ton of money and the tyres I get last me about just as long as a new tyre would. I get mine from a mate who buys em off some guy in the UK that races 250 2-mokes, they run those tyres for like 1 training session or 1 race then they take em off, the sides are barely scuffed in and the middle looks like it hasn't touched the pavement yet. at that point they might not be good enough for the pro racers but for your average streetrider or occasional trackday participant they're still more then good enough and for less then half the price of a new tyre I'm sure as hell not complaining :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm replacing mine today. I got 2800 miles on stockers.
conti road attack go on mine, I want to change my tires every 2 months, not every month and with all the riding I do, I gotta go with 'not so soft' tire
BTW I don't know how I'm gonna lift my bike but it ain't gonna be pretty LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine should arrive at my house today, I desperately need it. I'm kinda scared to go a mile and a half to the local store on mine. :damn:

·
Registered
599 Posts
where can I order a rear tire?

I see the non race compound for the front (same as triumph and duc) but I don't see one for the rear. I only see race compounds (sc1/2/3).

·
Registered
189 Posts
where can I order a rear tire?

I see the non race compound for the front (same as triumph and duc) but I don't see one for the rear. I only see race compounds (sc1/2/3).
What tire are you referring to? The Pirelli's? Best deal on tires I've found is at Competition Accessories, I don't think they sell Pirreli's. They also have free shipping if the order's over $100. Here's what is waiting on me when I get off work.

http://www.compacc.com/prod.cfm/cid/1705002/pid/18181

·
Registered
120 Posts
:hmmm:That's pretty hard to believe, are you buying their used tires? I don't think theres a way in hell you can buy a new set of tires for $50:headshake

Anyway I'm ordering a Michelin Pilot Road 2 today for more durability, I just had over 1500mi. on the stock supercorsa's when the steel belts started showing through. Great tire but terrible wear for the money.....then again I was pretty balls to the wall on her.:rock:
duh! take offs. one sprint race take offs. $50 bux. i sold my new tires off the smc for $250 to a friend, and bought 5 sets of take offs from another roadracer, supercorsa pros. stay away from pilot race (some sv guys preffer them) you have to run abnormally low cold tire pressures for them to come in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts