SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wysiwyg/documents/RAKC/2018_Open_Track_Day_Schedule_1.pdf

Here's this year's schedule at the motorplex kart track. If you're going to any of these days, sound off! It's been a while since I've been there, but I've heard a rumor that it's been repaved or repaired or something recently. Anyone hear anything?

I might actually be going here more than USAIR this year. I think the drifters are starting to ruin tht track with their crappy plasticky tires. The place is just loaded with "drifter dust" and it doesn't get clean when they sweep it. Traction has been sucking there in recent years.

So I'm in @ RA with my mini this year. :D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yep I will be there on Sunday with a couple of friends. I will be on my HMC racing Husky FS 450 and also will have my 07 KTM SMR for my friend to ride out there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get to go last sunday. How does the track look this year, any new repairs?

I'm eyeing up the schedule, looks like most of the weekend days are later in the year. But the Friday with SB2 might be doable.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The whole track was repaved. Nice and smooth but a little slick due to new pavement and dust on the track. Was perfect weather 70 and sunny.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's excellent! I can't wait to get there. Couple heavy rains and a few kart races with their sticky tires and that track will stick like glue. I can't wait to get there and try it out.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Damn
that is sad to hear USAIR track is getting torn up-
knew the cars would F track up -

USAIR has been on my bucket list for a long time -

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This Sunday Sept 16 is a bikes only day at the Motorplex. I'll be there putting around on my Z125, say hi if any of you guys stop by.

There is a supermoto school going on at the same time but the track is also open to the public at the same time, bikes only.

Looks like great weather, we may not get much more this year so take advantage!

Edit: noon to 5pm

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sorry I missed ya. Was flying back from Athens on Sunday or else I would have been there for sure.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new surface is awesome and the turns don't seem so tight anymore with my 12" wheels. :D

But it had weird behavior with tires. Tires would get hot, but not ball up like normal track tires. As such the traction level was not as high as I would have liked but the tires would at least break free with plenty of warning and consistency so I was able to easily catch slides, even the front. Very strange though.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
you should have came at the beginning of the year. The track was 10 times slicker. Seems like the new pavement is taking a while to "come in" as its still a little slick in spots. Its alot better than earlier this year though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics from the Motorplex on 9/16 posted by Ryhnofoto.

I look like christmas riding around on my green z125, but not for long, I have some red plastics to put on. :D

Was a little too crappy and cold last weekend to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I was planning on going this Sunday but the forecast for Sunday just dropped 10 degrees last night. I am pissed Just got done converting the Wifes bike over to Sumo.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yikes, high of 45 on Sunday. I think we might be done for the season. Or at least those who don't have a set of ice tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts