SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone installed them, i've been thinking of doing it, looks like a bit of work, but shouldn't be too bad, would be nice to have to fling around the rear end...and doesn't add hardly any weight

·
Registered
546 Posts
was wondering if anyone installed them, i've been thinking of doing it, looks like a bit of work, but shouldn't be too bad, would be nice to have to fling around the rear end...and doesn't add hardly any weight
My dealer called to see if they wanted those installed. I said no way! I don't want them to drill holes in my fender - nor do I plan on utilizing the grips too often. This is a bike for one. I don't even have the passenger foot pegs installed. Maybe if I get a women, I'll add the pegs - but not the handles!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha, yeah i don't plan on riding anyone, but if you need to move the back end of the machine around, those handles would be perfect

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put therm on the other night. I had to install them to mount the rear bag mount. Go get these http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91616. Then remove the seat then take off the rear fender. Look real close and you can see indents where the four holes should be. Start with the smallest bit then change to largest bit and drill to 5/8" size. Take out the four 10mm bolts under the fender. Put fender back on and put the handles through the holes with 4 long Torx head screws in accessory kit. The Torx bolt size are T-45 in case you are wondering. Took me about 20 minutes to do and its definitely nice having somewhere to lift. Now if I could just get the bag, but thats another story.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is a shot of them installed. Did not install rack mount yet, due to the bag being back ordered until July 11th.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it looks good, you piss me off that you have the Akrapovic, i have to wait, backordered, said late July or early August, you must have ordered one early....

also when you get that tail bag mount and bag on there, post up some pics, want to see what it looks like, been using a backpack the whole time, which works well, as I use it when riding my GSXR1000 too

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah I ordered the Slip-on 2 weeks before my bike arrived, I knew that was the first thing I was going to change. Also, I tried a Ktm tank bag at the dealership and I couldn't figure a way to make it fit. So I went with the rear bag and I will post the pictures when I install the rear bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts