SuperMoto Junkie banner

1341 - 1350 of 1350 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm in Costa Mesa and get up to PV occasionally on weekends. Let me know if you're ever venturing south and maybe we can hook up.
Hey Tinker. Looks like the SoBay crew is no longer riding or responding to invitations.
In the past we mostly rode in the canyons above Malibu. Not a whole lot of canyon
carving in PV, that I know of. Costa Mesa and SoOC would be 45-min / 1hr ride for
me just to get there. My 2strokeSM or XL350SMR are not the best FWY weapons as
top cruising speeds are 55-60 max.
One time we trailered the bikes to Angeles Crest and did a two day ride/camp weekend.
That was a hoot.
Cheers and if you plan a ride, post it up, you might get some of us to join in.
Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
4 or 5 friends and I have been doing Malibu rides every other week or so.
Not SuperMoto specific. I'll ride my XL350SMR once in a while, but there
are a cornucopia of bikes. Enfield, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Hondas etc...
We are a bunch of mid-speed, ~60yr old guys that enjoy a good road and
a fine brew after riding.
We usually ride on Tues. Wed. or Thurs. to avoid the crowd and congestion.
If that is something you might be interested in. I can post up the next time
we plan a ride. BTW, your KTM is one sweet looking ride!!
Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all. neil here. since my xr650r sm build is almost done, i thought i would say hello. been on TT and ADV for a while now but haven't joined SMJ cause non of my other bikes are sm'ed. I grew up in encino in the sfv. graduated high school in'75. went north to SLO then came down to SD. now i live in escondido. still have the house i grew up in - one of my twins lives there now. hell my ole man is still alive at 96 - he lives with me now. I got a bunch of stuff to do at the house in encino. so i be up there plenty in the not too distant future. and will always be up for a ride. another week or two and my sm build will be sorted. be happy to blast up to the OC on a sat or sun for a cruise.

i may be a little slow in answering pm's - have to get used to another forum.

1341 - 1350 of 1350 Posts