SuperMoto Junkie banner

1321 - 1340 of 1350 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yea, maybe a little too short of a notice. Im still in my jammies and slupring down a cup of joe.

Just a thought. How has the CHP presence been in the Malibu area? I was thinking they were going
to step up enforcement after that guy on the SV650 hit the two guys on bicycles a couple of months
ago.

My 2 stroke Sumo is 90% street legal, missing a horn, battery for constant on lights, but I am not
interested in debating the subtleties of the Ca vehicle code along the side of the road. I've kind
of wanted to avoid the area for that reason.

Blone mentioned Lord Mortis.. How is he doing? He never posted back about his recovery from the
accident. I hope he is doing well and gets back on a bike. If anyone has his contact info, wish him
well and say I.

Cheers guys. Jeff
near LAX.
So the week after the bycycle deal they wrote fix it tickets for no reflectors. No record no money just take to the local chp. The culver city chp didn't even look at the bike just signed it off. Now no problem at all.

Yea missing the Lord Mortis days, hoping he's doing well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It seems like the So. Bay crew have either sold their sumo bikes, moved away, or both?!
My excuse is pure lazy and life's responsibilities getting in the way. I need to make some
corrections in my lifestyle to include some fun rides.
I still ride my sumos, but mostly to work and back home.
:popcorn: I keep an eye on here and if a ride pops up I can make I will try my best to make it.
Cheers guys.
Jeff
Hey guys ! ...and Jeff. LTNS ! "Both" here... Sold my SMC and moved to Shoooowwwww Lowwwwww Arizona ! Welcome to the wild, wild west !

I truly miss the rides aout of the South Bay with you guys, but I don't miss the mess around it all.

I did replace the SMC with an EXC and in AZ you can do it all, registered, on basically anything with wheels on it ! ...so everything in the garage has a lisence and you can ride it all right down main street !

So heres the new ride... Just got the wheels. Haven't been out much having recovered from rotator cuff surgery.

Question though... The new front rotor is a BRAKING model and doesn't include the magnet that triggers the sensor on the KTM.

Anyone know of a simple solution in making it work ? I realize it's just a magnet, but I can't get just any magnet to make it work.

Suggestions ?

BB

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey guys ! ...and Jeff. LTNS ! "Both" here... Sold my SMC and moved to Shoooowwwww Lowwwwww Arizona ! Welcome to the wild, wild west !

I truly miss the rides aout of the South Bay with you guys, but I don't miss the mess around it all.

I did replace the SMC with an EXC and in AZ you can do it all, registered, on basically anything with wheels on it ! ...so everything in the garage has a lisence and you can ride it all right down main street !

So heres the new ride... Just got the wheels. Haven't been out much having recovered from rotator cuff surgery.

Question though... The new front rotor is a BRAKING model and doesn't include the magnet that triggers the sensor on the KTM.

Anyone know of a simple solution in making it work ? I realize it's just a magnet, but I can't get just any magnet to make it work.

Suggestions ?

BB
Maybe you could try a magnetic disc bolt like the Trail Tech speedometer uses, that is if the bolts pass within range of the sensor. It replaces one of the bolts on the rotor.

On my XRR braking SM rotor, the previous owner jb welded a trail tech magnet (not the bolt) to the rotor. Seemed to work fine. Maybe that'll work, maybe not. I'm not that familiar with KTM's

Congrats on the move. Funny, I just thought about this thread the other day. Had a good group back then.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Blone ! All I know is that a refrigerator magnet didn't work. :)

I'll go look for a vapor version. KTM makes one, but it's got a silly-ass circlip on it that I'm not sure how they ever got it on/off !

If you guys get this way c'mon up ! There's good riding, just not too many 'enthusiatic' riders.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Back from the dead.

:bannana: almost a year since the last postings.
Nice bike Bob :clap:
Yea, Erik's suggestion for the replacement disk
bolt is the ticket. Do not place the magnet to pass
through the center of the pick up sensor. It needs to
pass near'er the top or bottom half of the sensor.

SO!! I did a fantastic thing the past Saturday.
Betsy and I took the SoCalSupermoto school
out at Adams Kart track. Where can you borrow
a guy's bike and thrash the crap out of it and the
owner stands there and smiles? Then tells you that
you NEED to "Pin it!" down the straights and stomp
it down two gears into the hair pin!!!!!!
I can not make a strong enough suggestion that every
SuperMotoJunkie really needs to take this class.
Some of the pictures are at:
http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/Socal-Supermoto-school-61414/41731742_Cd7Kr3#!i=3316960876&k=xV42gJr

I am in the GasGas jersey.
http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/Socal-Supermoto-school-61414/i-GtbBhz8/0/M/adams 265-M.jpg

I do not know how to link the image to post direct to SMJ.

We had a great time and plan to do the class again. Another option is to just do a track day
with my own bike.(s)
Best wishes to the SoCalSMJunkies.
Jeff
Lets see if this works

·
Registered
538 Posts
:bannana: almost a year since the last postings.
Nice bike Bob :clap:
Yea, Erik's suggestion for the replacement disk
bolt is the ticket. Do not place the magnet to pass
through the center of the pick up sensor. It needs to
pass near'er the top or bottom half of the sensor.

SO!! I did a fantastic thing the past Saturday.
Betsy and I took the SoCalSupermoto school
out at Adams Kart track. Where can you borrow
a guy's bike and thrash the crap out of it and the
owner stands there and smiles? Then tells you that
you NEED to "Pin it!" down the straights and stomp
it down two gears into the hair pin!!!!!!
I can not make a strong enough suggestion that every
SuperMotoJunkie really needs to take this class.
Some of the pictures are at:
http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/Socal-Supermoto-school-61414/41731742_Cd7Kr3#!i=3316960876&k=xV42gJr

I am in the GasGas jersey.
http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/Socal-Supermoto-school-61414/i-GtbBhz8/0/M/adams 265-M.jpg

I do not know how to link the image to post direct to SMJ.

We had a great time and plan to do the class again. Another option is to just do a track day
with my own bike.(s)
Best wishes to the SoCalSMJunkies.
Jeff
Lets see if this works
Looks like so much fun, I've been wanting to do this.

·
Registered
406 Posts
AMA SuperMoto Racing @ Adams Kart track.

Wake up SouthBay SM crew.
It has been months since anyone posted here.
Are ya'all still around? or found a new hobby?

This weekend, April 3-5 2015, Adams Kart track will be
hosting the west coast round of this years AMA SuperMoto series.
Anyone besides me interested in checking it out? I am seriously
thinking of spending Saturday out there to check out the bikes and
watch some racing.

http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/2015/2015-ama-supermoto-national-championships-at-amp-april-3-5/

Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thread bump!
Just to say Merry Christmas and hello to the
old So Cal SMJ crew.
I hope everyone is well and still riding.
Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thread bump.

3 years, 9 days since last post to this group.
Any one still subscribed?
Bob is still in Show Low, AZ. Im old'er and just as fat, but,
still riding. Mostly the XL350SMR, The GasGas, Derbi and KDX240SM bikes
are pushed to the back of the garage. Needing some love.
Cheers and welcome to 2019.
Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here Westside of Los Angeles
Hey SNKS. Welcome to the "mostly" dead SoBaySM group. Been a year and two months
since I last posted a bump to see if anyone was still around.
Looks like all the old crew is gone. or not subscribed to this thread.
I mostly ride the XL350SMR as my sole SM these days. Took the KDX240SM out for
a putt a month ago. Poor Derbi and GasGasEC250SM needs fork seals and a deep
cleaning to get back on the road.
Post up some details and maybe a ride report. Maybe someone will awake from the dead.
Cheers, Jeff in Westchester.

1321 - 1340 of 1350 Posts