SuperMoto Junkie banner

1301 - 1320 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi South Bay Riders, I grow up in the South bay Torrance, and El Segundo. Once in a while on Sundays in the south bay with a Hodge-podge (I'm the only SuperMoto rider). The Last time I rode in PV I was warned about not putting my foot down at stop signs. Recently, I've been doing track days at AMP in Riverside. I am currently living in Hollywood but find it quick and easy to get to the south bay on Sundays.
What bike are you riding ay AMP? I'm out there a lot . Are you doing any of the STTARS races?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My stree/track day bike

What bike are you riding ay AMP? I'm out there a lot . Are you doing any of the STTARS races?
I took me a while to (05) dr650 track ready but now it is. I didn't want to change my drive sprocket for
torx so I have a few power mods to compensate. (pumper carb. Web cam, HI C piston) I am not planning
on doing any racing Sttars or otherwise. But I will be at AMP this Sunday !

Hope to meet you at AMP MR. THE FUNK.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I use to race STTARS 08-10 but too busy with the kids since then. I also use to go to AMP, but I haven't been there in a long time. What days do u go, maybe I can make some time and go. I can go Mondays or Fridays.:thumbup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use to race STTARS 08-10 but too busy with the kids since then. I also use to go to AMP, but I haven't been there in a long time. What days do u go, maybe I can make some time and go. I can go Mondays or Fridays.:thumbup:
This weekend is the dirt section grand opening at Apex, so I'll be out there Saturday. I usually go to AMP on Saturdays or Sundays as I work Monday through Friday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AMP days

Last time I went to AMP on Friday I was the only SM among factory sponsored Kart Drivers. I do prefer Fridays because I'm off from College and fewer riders is better for me working on my cornering lines. (guess i'm still a newbie and my bike is way to heavy).
A Friday riding buddy would be heaven send because I don't have a truck and worry about my bike becoming inoperable for the ride back home. (I do bring a collection of tools and parts but...)

After the fall semester I am planning on making it to the discounted Monday sessions that are often SM riders only!:bannana:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Last time I went to AMP on Friday I was the only SM among factory sponsored Kart Drivers. I do prefer Fridays because I'm off from College and fewer riders is better for me working on my cornering lines. (guess i'm still a newbie and my bike is way to heavy).
A Friday riding buddy would be heaven send because I don't have a truck and worry about my bike becoming inoperable for the ride back home. (I do bring a collection of tools and parts but...)

After the fall semester I am planning on making it to the discounted Monday sessions that are often SM riders only!:bannana:
Yea, Mondays are nice. Is it still just $10?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Imo. Better than AMP. Im doing Apex this Sunday if ya wanna join.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hey guys I have 7 motards that are meeting up round 1ish at Deus Ex Machina on Lincoln and Venice. Our Sumo club is gonna do a ride most likely a street ride with a good amount of hooliganism after we meet up there. All tards should come! text me at 714 209 8725 :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
haha yeah its a big group of retards that got together to engage in some semi organized hooliganism :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
lastly i know of a few vacant lots in the industrial part of gardena. if i can get enough heads together, im down to contact the owners and see if it could be rented out from june til september. if all the locals can work together and we get the land groomed up.. we could set up a locals only track or somethin' and pretty much ride whenever we want. i think its something worth looking into. we used to have ascott park, but that was before i was able to walk, and we havent had anything like that since. just an idea, i know most ppl are too lazy nowadays to be inconvenienced by something trivial like some sumo riding:lol:. it never hurts to ask though.
are we still doing this?!?!??:anim_peep:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry kdogg. Ive just been wrapped up in other stuff. My sumo stuff got put on hold this month because of other financial obligations.if i get the chance this weekend i will head over to that part of town and cruise around looking for spots.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sweet! im excited to explore some industrial spots! i would love to set up a track too! so many stunters have their spots where they dont get bothered (sometimes even with the property owners "blessing") i would like to find the same thing for sumo fun! I have 2 friends with quad copters and tri copters that they use as filming rigs complete with gyro stabilized camera gimbals and they are down to do some filming!:thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hit me up guys ive been cruising all around oc for a while now and cant find any sumo riders, im in the anaheim area.. im all about canyon rides that lead to offroading/ single track, i push my bike super hard so i hope to find some riders of a quick pace level. names tyler

·
Registered
406 Posts
It seems like the So. Bay crew have either sold their sumo bikes, moved away, or both?!
My excuse is pure lazy and life's responsibilities getting in the way. I need to make some
corrections in my lifestyle to include some fun rides.
I still ride my sumos, but mostly to work and back home.
:popcorn: I keep an eye on here and if a ride pops up I can make I will try my best to make it.
Cheers guys.
Jeff

·
Registered
538 Posts
It seems like the So. Bay crew have either sold their sumo bikes, moved away, or both?!
My excuse is pure lazy and life's responsibilities getting in the way. I need to make some
corrections in my lifestyle to include some fun rides.
I still ride my sumos, but mostly to work and back home.
:popcorn: I keep an eye on here and if a ride pops up I can make I will try my best to make it.
Cheers guys.
Jeff
Still here! Been swapping from SM to dirt on the BRP, but mostly doing a lot of dirt. Got the SM stuff on right now, but will have the dirt stuff back on for this weekend. Wonder if the OG's Lord Mortis, Class 5, SidewaysCRf or any others still poke their heads in here once in a while.

BTW still interested in some vacant lot action!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey if I am not too late got a malibu ride this Sunday morn.
Yea, maybe a little too short of a notice. Im still in my jammies and slupring down a cup of joe.

Just a thought. How has the CHP presence been in the Malibu area? I was thinking they were going
to step up enforcement after that guy on the SV650 hit the two guys on bicycles a couple of months
ago.

My 2 stroke Sumo is 90% street legal, missing a horn, battery for constant on lights, but I am not
interested in debating the subtleties of the Ca vehicle code along the side of the road. I've kind
of wanted to avoid the area for that reason.

Blone mentioned Lord Mortis.. How is he doing? He never posted back about his recovery from the
accident. I hope he is doing well and gets back on a bike. If anyone has his contact info, wish him
well and say I.

Cheers guys. Jeff
near LAX.

1301 - 1320 of 1348 Posts