SuperMoto Junkie banner

1281 - 1300 of 1340 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Im such a LOOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna RIDE, I WANNA RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you folks got together and made it happen.
Don't give up on us LOOOZZZERS. I WILL be there again
one of these days.
Cheers guys, Jeff

·
Registered
265 Posts
any sumos still alive in the torrance area?

im down to the nitty gritty with my 500xcw build. if anybody wants to come with for my first ride out on it in sumo trim, please hit me up.

also im really shooting to do apex on may 11th if anybody wants to carpool.

lastly i know of a few vacant lots in the industrial part of gardena. if i can get enough heads together, im down to contact the owners and see if it could be rented out from june til september. if all the locals can work together and we get the land groomed up.. we could set up a locals only track or somethin' and pretty much ride whenever we want. i think its something worth looking into. we used to have ascott park, but that was before i was able to walk, and we havent had anything like that since. just an idea, i know most ppl are too lazy nowadays to be inconvenienced by something trivial like some sumo riding:lol:. it never hurts to ask though.

·
Registered
101 Posts

im down to the nitty gritty with my 500xcw build. if anybody wants to come with for my first ride out on it in sumo trim, please hit me up.

lastly i know of a few vacant lots in the industrial part of gardena. if i can get enough heads together, im down to contact the owners and see if it could be rented out from june til september. if all the locals can work together and we get the land groomed up.. we could set up a locals only track or somethin' and pretty much ride whenever we want. i think its something worth looking into. we used to have ascott park, but that was before i was able to walk, and we havent had anything like that since. just an idea, i know most ppl are too lazy nowadays to be inconvenienced by something trivial like some sumo riding:lol:. it never hurts to ask though.

I'll be going out to Apex on the 11th for the dirt opening extravaganza for sure, I just don't know if I'll be carpooling with someone else already.

·
Registered
265 Posts
as of right now the only left for me to buy is tires and the tape to do a tubless conversion. i just havent decided on what tires yet. if your ride flakes on you or somethin comes up, let me know if you want to roll with me. youre in whoremosa right? i think i remember reading a post where you said that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yah , I'm in Hermosa. I'm curious to see how your tubeless conversion comes out. Also , I've got a set of Q2's on my 625 and I love them. I've done one race weekend and a ton of track days on them an dnot only do they heat up quick and stick well but they also seem like they hold up pretty good. Plus they're inexpensive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
have the q2 equivalent on my RC8R. they have like 2k miles on them and are still in great shape. not much grip though exiting for all the torque my rc makes, atleast not in the canyons, imo. i use the power cups on the track though. im sure theyd be great for lighter bikes.

im interested in the bt003's or the rosso II's. any experience with those tires? relatively the same price range as q2's. i may end up sticking with dunlops though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
oh if you want to go tubeless as well we could split the cost of a roll of the isc racer tape. ill guinea pig it, and if it works you can buy the rest of the tape off me for half price. i wont need it after that and will only use less than a 1/4 of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
have the q2 equivalent on my RC8R. they have like 2k miles on them and are still in great shape. not much grip though exiting for all the torque my rc makes, atleast not in the canyons, imo. i use the power cups on the track though. im sure theyd be great for lighter bikes.

im interested in the bt003's or the rosso II's. any experience with those tires? relatively the same price range as q2's. i may end up sticking with dunlops though.
I haven't run a set of BT003's or Rosso II's , I have however run the original Diablo's and a few sets of the Rosso Corsa's. The Pirelli's stick great but didn't seem to last that long and they have a very tall profile making turn in really sharp.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

VACANT LOTS YOU SAY?!?!? I have 7 tards in my sumo club that would be down to do some vacant lot racing! if we had the owners permission we could set up some fun tracks with some mini cones or cut tennis balls in half and use those as markers!

·
Registered
265 Posts
7sumos sounds like a sushi bar.

yea dude setting up a track for the summer could be pretty sick. it doesnt look like many are interested though. It would have to be a group effort because we would probably have to pay a little rent. industrial gardena/carson area has some big lots and we wouldnt havto worry about noise complaints.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I dont know the area so let me know and ill help out. We could try to get permission from one of the owners to use it on a sunday or something for free as long as we clean up after ourselves! Many stunters do it this way

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
if someone wants to do this text me 714 209 8725

·
Registered
265 Posts
this is what i was hoping for. its nice to see some interest in riding. i'll shoot you a text k-wolski

BTW anybody interested in little tujunga around 1pm today. ill be out there on my RC8R, the sumo isnt finished yet.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Interested as well...I don't know about this members only business. But for what it's worth my girlfriend lives in Rancho Palos Veredes. I also know Snakes who lives around there too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i personally never said members only...

imo locals only would be good though. when spots get blown up, word travels fast and then thats when it starts to go down hill. all it takes is somebody getting hurt and being a bitch about it by suing the land owners, to put an end to the fun. when its locals only and everybody has an understanding of ride at your own risk and accepts the risks of riding, the fun can go on for much longer. just something to consider. there really arent many sumo guys around anymore anyways.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Burbankians are definitely not locals to south bay! I guess yer out Norm. I work in south bay so I get grandfathered in. Lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I miss The South Bay !

Nice! Post it next time and we can meet up. PV East is fun, but you have to watch out for the man.
Hi South Bay Riders, I grow up in the South bay Torrance, and El Segundo. Once in a while on Sundays in the south bay with a Hodge-podge (I'm the only SuperMoto rider). The Last time I rode in PV I was warned about not putting my foot down at stop signs. Recently, I've been doing track days at AMP in Riverside. I am currently living in Hollywood but find it quick and easy to get to the south bay on Sundays.

1281 - 1300 of 1340 Posts