SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maxima’s Maxum4 Synthetic Blend is what i use not cheap but not super exspensive either. i really like it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I run the Rotella 5w-40 full syn and really like it. I've run it in my GSXR600 when I used to do trackdays and it did great. Good price too:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
the slippery kind.... lots of good results with rotella i run 15-40 dino in the sumo and dirtbikes and the Synthetic in the street bikes allways good results and ability to get it everywhere including wal-mart for when you need it down the road on a trip.

z

·
Registered
111 Posts
Its very hard to get a bad oil anymore...

Check the ratings in your manual and compare them to the ratings on the bottle. The major difference between car oils and motorcycle oils are the detergents and the enhancers, hence why you need a good motorcycle oil.

People say im overboard but I change my rotella every 400 miles since its only 11 bucks per gallon. Repsol makes a very good product however its to rich for my blood.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I use AMSOIL synthetic. works great!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Another +1 to Rotella T6. And a +1 to what Erik said about no oil really being bad.

I ran Rotella in my sportbike, but since from what I've heard, the DRZ likes to shear oil down quickly, I've gone with a more quality oil -- Amsoil. Shear resistance is far better than that of Rotella.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i been using castrol actevo part synthetic 10/40 it seems to be working fine i changed the oil after 1500 miles n it didnt look bad. At 9$ a quart i think i going to look for somthing a bit cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts