1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was going to wait for a Leo Vince pipe

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
They told me they weren't going to produce any headers for this bike.

Either way, I'll be waiting for a full titanium system from Leo Vince.

What are you guys going to do for a FI map?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a Innovate Wideband O2 tester, so I would like to weld on a bung on to the exhaust and use a Power Commander and tune it myself, I just did my Kawasaki Brute Force ATV, thing rips now...

but if i went with titanium, just harder to weld, probably would braze it on, so haven't decided yet

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is it correct that there is a map specifically for the Akro slip-on? Will there not be one for the FMF? I mean, a slip-on is a slip-on for the most part, how much difference could there be in the map settings?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is it correct that there is a map specifically for the Akro slip-on? Will there not be one for the FMF? I mean, a slip-on is a slip-on for the most part, how much difference could there be in the map settings?
the way the service manager at my shop described, he said there will be two maps, a slip-on map and a full system map.

the best way will still be to get some sort of piggyback like the PCIII and have it dyno tuned with the A/F ratio meter and all.

·
Registered
728 Posts
also i called FMF to ask what would be done about the back heat shied and he said nothing. he says there is no provisions for the heat shield to attach to it. i hope he's wrong. if not i'll be makin it go on somehow. it'll look like poop w/o it there and probably burn your leg too. but i got a couple ideas already.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmm...

I have the FMF Pipe & Header on order also, but I never thought of a solution for the heat shield.

Maybe I should fork out the money for the Akra and its carbon fiber shields.....that looks bad a$$. Plus it's available NOW and we all know how bad it hurts to wait.....lol

Then again, maybe the FMF is going to have a MUCH smaller profile than the stock pipe, so it will be further from your leg then we think...?

JOHN

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had my Akra on order since last week, hasn't shipped yet, so waiting patiently to get it in and remapped...

·
Registered
335 Posts
As far as the quality of the FMF product, I've heard great things. I mean, if FMF is in the Hardparts book for other KTM bikes, it can't be that bad. I talked to FMF on the phone and they told me the pipe and header have no ETA, and that the units have not been on the dyno yet. So either the cat on the phone doesn't know what he's saying or R&D have not worked on the bike yet. I've ordered mine, and hope ('hope') it's ready mid-July.

As far as mapping, I hear the Tuneboy will have an easier ability to work with. The PCIII is cheaper, and with some dyno time, maping, sensor work. But neither is on the market yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts