SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make a 150/60/17 Rear. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I've had them on my GSXR600, and loved them. I do mostly sporty street riding with a possibility of some track days this summer. I'm just worried about them heating up on such a light bike. THANKS!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have them and have no problems,,rear 150/60..good lookin too..i only ride street,,so i have no input on any other surface..best pic i have of tires..

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I have a really good friend who runs them on his DR650 and just rails everywhere with them. They're really good tires, and so cheap now that the new Rosso is out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have them on my dr 650. they heat up just fine, but for me they seem to get slick if you push them and get them too hot. had the rear stepping out all day yesterday at deals gap, then it finally just let go on 2 squares. broke loose, left a 30' black mark, then the bike and myself slid another 30-40 feet. luckily no damage to the bike. sadly my pos icon jacket burnt through in the first 5 feet and left me with some rash on my elbow. leather pants, boots and gloves held great though. hope this helps. also i would be up for a tire trade if someone here kinda locally wanted to. would much rather have the conti sm, bt003r, or the pilot powers

·
Registered
281 Posts
a bit off topic, but what is the best size to run on the rear for the street? stock is 140 right, what are the advantages of tossing a 150 on there? I'm partial to pilot powers as my 2 previous bikes have had them, they just wear quick which is too bad. but i have a lot of confidence in them.

do they make a harder center and softer side now in the pilot line?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have them on my dr 650. they heat up just fine, but for me they seem to get slick if you push them and get them too hot. had the rear stepping out all day yesterday at deals gap, then it finally just let go on 2 squares. broke loose, left a 30' black mark, then the bike and myself slid another 30-40 feet. luckily no damage to the bike. sadly my pos icon jacket burnt through in the first 5 feet and left me with some rash on my elbow. leather pants, boots and gloves held great though. hope this helps. also i would be up for a tire trade if someone here kinda locally wanted to. would much rather have the conti sm, bt003r, or the pilot powers
could it be that u just picked up the tard and are still learning the ins and outs of the handling and bike or pushin alittle to hard for just gettin it. i know im an ass, but 2 motards go down on the same day at the gap 2 hours apart and both of u just picked them up???? u don't want the conti's at all worst mistake yall ever make. just ask pearce hate to hear about your get off though, minor rash no biggie

·
Registered
8 Posts
could it be that u just picked up the tard and are still learning the ins and outs of the handling and bike or pushin alittle to hard for just gettin it. i know im an ass, but 2 motards go down on the same day at the gap 2 hours apart and both of u just picked them up???? u don't want the conti's at all worst mistake yall ever make. just ask pearce hate to hear about your get off though, minor rash no biggie
wasnt even going hard at all at that point because the rear had been coming out on me on several corners before there. oh and im an ass too, so i think we will get along just fine. looking forward to meeting you and riding the hill and these tard rides that brandon has been telling me about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts