SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride my Drz everyday, and recently some of my neighbors and other people I know have decided that I want to hear their opinions on my riding style. Every one of them keeps telling me that I look stupid when I stand up riding through the neighborhood. I REALLY don't care what they think, but they tell me anyways.

Does anyone else hear this stuff?

·
Registered
196 Posts
fuck-em you're the one riding, not them!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just say something really sarcastically like "If you think THAT looks stupid, you must have never seen me come through here at 65 on the back wheel..."

And +1 to "fuck 'em"

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh they have. One of the neighborhood moms use to yell at me all the time. She said I was being a bad roll model for the younger kids. I replied with "well, it looks like you need to practice on your parenting skills to teach your kids the difference between doing what they see, and what you tell them." Then out comes her phone and calls the cops. It's always the same fat sheriff who argues about my Honda. I tell him if he can prove that's it bigger than a 50cc, then ill take the ticket. He walks around the bike twice, gets pissed and leaves.

That's a normal day in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Some people should mind there own business.:headshake If they don't like it, TUFF SHIT!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Tell'm you have to ride standing up so you can look over all the opinionated pieces of crap who live in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tell her you have to ride standing up because her husband doesn't like using lube.

Especially if you're under 18.

If that doesn't stop her from calling the cops, you know what to do next.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Oh they have. One of the neighborhood moms use to yell at me all the time. She said I was being a bad roll model for the younger kids. I replied with "well, it looks like you need to practice on your parenting skills to teach your kids the difference between doing what they see, and what you tell them." Then out comes her phone and calls the cops. It's always the same fat sheriff who argues about my Honda. I tell him if he can prove that's it bigger than a 50cc, then ill take the ticket. He walks around the bike twice, gets pissed and leaves.

That's a normal day in my neighborhood.
Run the vin? Some bikes have the CC stamped on the cylinder? Sounds like you're asking for trouble there... :lol:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
it is probably a 50 with a big bore kit or something like that he was talking about in that post vs the drz in his original.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Something about dogs and shitting in their own back yard comes to mind. :hmmm:

Don't fuck with, or piss off your neighbors, or the local cops. Has a tendency to not work out in the long run.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Just say something really sarcastically like "If you think THAT looks stupid, you must have never seen me come through here at 65 on the back wheel..."

And +1 to "fuck 'em"
I'm all about hooning it up where / when it's appropriate. But if my niece and nephew were over here outside playing, etc. and someone did that, we'd be having a little discussion about the when / where part. That's just childish behavior to do that in a neighborhood, and adds to the already negative image most people have of us as motorcyclists. :headshake

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Believe me man I have the same situation here. I have been playing their game for years now. After receiving numerous shit storms for riding in the development after a certain point its not worth your trouble. Keep in mind some people in the development never leave their homes, they will make it their business to try and run things. Stay at home moms do nothing but complain and bitch, especially about motorcycles. Just keep your cool and ride exactly the same. The less you seem to care about their shit storm the more pissed off they will get. Don't change a thing just avoid the arguments.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
whip your junk out and tell her it's not going to suck itself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts