SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you did, were you able to retain the steering lock or did you come up with a way to make it work? I'm considering doing inverted forks, but I'd really like to keep the steering lock on my bike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you don't find the info here, check over on Thumpertalk in the XR600/650 specific forum. There's lots of information about the swap, and I think more than a few examples of 650L versions.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i have 02 crf forks on my 06 650l but dont use a steering lock.i guess i could make one but havent got to it yet.i have full coverage insurance on it so im not too worried.now watch my bike get stolen!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 02 crf forks on my 06 650l but dont use a steering lock.i guess i could make one but havent got to it yet.i have full coverage insurance on it so im not too worried.now watch my bike get stolen!
Sweet bike dude! You had me shaking my head though with your exhaust. Is it a dual or just routed out the other side? Pretty wild.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have inverted forks on my XR650L. i machined a block to hold the key switch and was able to use the steering lock.
That's awesome. Do you happen to have any pics of the machined block? I was trying to look at this but I think I'm going to need to take my front end apart to do so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed KTM LC4 SM *********** 48mm forks on my XR600R..Look and work great
Part KTM, Part Yamaha.

The steering lock vid to me is a little questionable. Plus, where I work it would be a deterent. I'd like to keep it. Not worried about losers like that. I'm really thinking I'll invert my forks since I can't use the stock speedo with 17" wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts