SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike is fine. lightly scratched the rear plastic fender/number plate thingy, scratched and cracked the right mirror, and scratched the right side hand guard.

also scratched the tail light and the plate holder but those are coming off any day now anyway.

i am perfectly fine. not a scratch or bruise on me. it just spooked me and slowed me down for an hour or so.

this ditch decided it just wanted to jump out in front of me. it would have been thousands of dollars of damage and probably wouldn't have been ridable if it was a sport bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am still wondering what would happen to the 690 if you looped it. Just worried about the gas tank being in the back. Thats the number one weirdo thing about the bike.

·
Registered
569 Posts
well that sucks....i'm hoping to replace my handguards at some point soon, but will be a few weeks

now you can say your SMC is really broken in :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that sucks....i'm hoping to replace my handguards at some point soon, but will be a few weeks

now you can say your SMC is really broken in :)
yup she is. she took it well and i am not to concerned. she looks fine. i think i am going to wait a lil before replacing stuff. don't really have the money right now anyway.

i might just order a mirror and call it a day.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i already replaced mine after 1 day so their brand new, just make me a offer. P.S. you get ride of those chicken stripes yet?

·
Registered
720 Posts
sorry to hear that bro. it is a SM though. you're thinking right about sportbike vs SM crash
now let's see some pics!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
First in the nation ... to crash a 690 SMC???

Glad your OK.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yup, you wouldn't wanna flip it over backwards. chances are the tank would be damaged.
I'm not so sure you'd damage it looping it out. There is a reinforced plastic sub frame that bolts onto the rear of the gas tank that the fender attaches to. I'd say that would protect it from the initial impact.

·
Registered
189 Posts
First in the nation ... to crash a 690 SMC???

Glad your OK.
I had a little "Get off" myself last Wed. I went into a sharp left hander a little too hot and slid into the ditch. Scraped the left hand guard and mirror but nothing broke on my bike. I did however get a little road rash on my left elbow/ forearm and shoulder. I also scuffed my helmet and bruised my ego.

I replaced my mirrors with something a little different. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I had a little "Get off" myself last Wed. I went into a sharp left hander a little too hot and slid into the ditch. Scraped the left hand guard and mirror but nothing broke on my bike. I did however get a little road rash on my left elbow/ forearm and shoulder. I also scuffed my helmet and bruised my ego.

I replaced my mirrors with something a little different. Tell me what you guys think.

I'm using the exact same mirrors, but I mounted them like this instead....... I didn't feel comfortable with them sticking out the sides... JMHO

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm using the exact same mirrors, but I mounted them like this instead....... I didn't feel comfortable with them sticking out the sides... JMHO
Looks pretty good, any visibility issues or problems with them bumping your knees/ thighs when turning sharply in a parking lot? I'll have to monkey around with them when I get home from work. I don't feel comfortable with them being on the bar ends either, they are definitely gone if you go down.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts