SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thinking about the idea of throwing passenger pegs on my '04 WR450. Anybody done it?

And before anybody asks, I'm going to get the suspension redone anyways as I'm about 200 lbs before any gear. And my girl is only 84lbs, so it's not like I'd be throwing a big passenger on there.

Just curious as to anybody's experiments.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I know guys on here that have on a YZ426F for stunt purposes, so sure, it can be done. I did on mine, but I totally built a custom stunt subframe.
-Jay Gross :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I know it can be done. Hell, I was just thinking about putting on some of those clamp on type footpegs that they have for cruisers. Just wanted to see if anybody had done anything similar and how the bike had handled/performed with a passenger.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
i have an sxv 550 with rear pegs. my girl is about the same weight as yours and i dont even notice that shes on the back...except when shes squeezing so hard i cant breath ahaha

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an sxv 550 with rear pegs. my girl is about the same weight as yours and i dont even notice that shes on the back...except when shes squeezing so hard i cant breath ahaha
Yeah, but you got about a good 20HP on me!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
haha touché man but so long as your not doing crazy long rides with her I doubt you'll notice her much you just need to sit wayyy up on the tank like your racing it haha

I say go for it what's the worse that could happen? You realize its not comfy throw her on the back of your r1 and now have pegs to stunt with. Win win if I don't say so myself lol

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Good god man, 84 pounds? Feed the girl a burger! :lol: j/k

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The main reason I'm looking at this is because I'm actually contemplating selling the R1. I'm looking to buy a house in the near future, and it would be nice to have some extra cash plus the remaining balance on the bike off my credit. I just can't bring myself to get rid of the Sumo.

And Grim_Smoker - my girl does eat! She's 4'10", has 4 pack abs and an ass you can set a coke can on! She's just micosized :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Holy crap thats short! I thought my sister was short at 5'1" :laughingr

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, and she even lies on her drivers license saying she's 4'11" :laughingr But seriously, nobody has done this? I can't be the only one who's thought of this...

·
Registered
720 Posts
And Grim_Smoker - my girl does eat! She's 4'10", has 4 pack abs and an ass you can set a coke can on! She's just micosized :D
Ok just admit it, it's one of your friends little sister! Just happens to be a 14 year old in gymnastics! LOL :rofl:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I guess I just can't lie anymore. She is 14 - with 6 years experience :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Someone had a post on advfmmfmmrider about it, but I've yet to try. I have the steel subframe, also (426) just need some welding gas...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts