SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name's Matt and I Just registered as a new member. I figured I would try to located any fellow sumo riders around my area? I just got rid of my 09 Yamaha r6 and picked up a 09 Yamaha wr250x 3 days ago. I'm looking to get together with some local riders to ride around with. I'm in the City of Orange and I'm local to orange hills/Santiago canyon which is home to cooks corner bar. I used to ride my r6 through there all the time and looking to take a spin through there on my WRx soon. If you guys know of any other good places to ride let me know as well!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hey. Welcome. There are quite a few of us between the beach and the San Bernadino Mountains. Most of us don't really spend much time at places like Kook's corner though, 'cuz (as you will soon find out) roads like Ortega and Santiago are pretty boring on a SuMo (not tight enough in the curves...). You'll see more SuMo's up around GMR and Angeles Crest Hwy.

See ya' on the road... :thumbup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Laguna Niguel here, I ride ortega every sunday but thats only because i live 5 min away from the san juan off ramp. monday through friday are my hooligan days, weekends are my longer rides. pm me if you want to ride tomorrow, hell ill even go out right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Garden Grove myself. Once I get my xr650r back together I'll be down for a ride, not quiet a sumo though still 18/21 :anim_peep:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I avoid Ortega Hwy as too many long lines of Harely riders & cages ! Plus not that exciting on a Motard. Much better riding northwest of you like GMR, Little Tujunga Cyn. Bouquet Canyon,etc,etc. I post Motard rides every so often & usually get a good turn out & everyone has a blast. Get riders from Orange County to Valencia at the rides. Watch for my posts when the weather warms up a bit!

·
Registered
235 Posts
A few of us will be at buffalo wild wings off lake forest and the 5 tonight around 730-8 ish. Theres a bike night there tonight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its been a while since Ive been on, but I'm looking to get together with some more sumo riders of any kind local to me. My buddy nick on his WR is looking to get a big ride together sometime soon! Let me know if you guys have any ideas and we can kick it around a bit!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
See my thread for local oc ride. We are doing a group ride this weeknd iin orange all inviited. Get me your info ASAP. Sunday is probably gunna be the big day. [email protected] 714-604-8546 text me or send email. Gott ago building a big group. saturday and or Sunday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts