SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I currently have the switch installed on the rear brake. I have one for the front but haven’t set it up yet.

Reactions: shift1313

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ll take a pic of how mine is set up when I get a chance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know husky still lists an SM but i think ktm dropped the smr from their lineup. There is a 450exc depending on year. Only in the six days edition. After the early 00s the smr model had very little changed from an sxf model. Suspension valving, triple clamps, slipper clutch and some trans gearing differences. Obviously the wheels and brakes.

I have been able to street title an sxf model but i was kind of lucky. I know a buddy that did the mail in route for a south dakota title. But honestly if your plan is street it would be less headache to buy and exc or fe model and convert to supermoto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I work at a dealer in MD, we just ordered a 22’ if anyone is interested! PM if so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is done, badass bike for sure. Did a Sickass lighting kit, Vapor Gauge, headlight from a 500exc, trailtech stator, billet kickstand for an sxf that I cut/welded/painted. Still running the slicks which hasn’t been an issue.
I just put a deposit on a ‘22 to pick up this week, can you tell me if your 21 took the 500 EXCF headlight and tail and tail light sections off a 2021 or what years you found compatible parts?
Did Sicass have front turn signal lights you found that worked for you?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just put a deposit on a ‘22 to pick up this week, can you tell me if your 21 took the 500 EXCF headlight and tail and tail light sections off a 2021 or what years you found compatible parts?
Yes the 21’ or later EXC headlight (most likely other years also) is correct and I used the inner tail fender/ brake light from the XCFW bee cause it is not bulky. Front and rear turn signals were part of the Sickass kit along with a setup for a key. Also had some sort of an option from them that immobilizes the bike without the key so it won’t try to start.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey DM me, I just got my 22 KTM SMR, the dealer registered it street legal for me but I'm running into some wheel issues, the slicks are obviously not DOT which idc about but my insurance has mentioned if its in a wreck with non DOT tires that voids insurance but that's a whole other pickle. I'm trying to upgrade to a 17 in the front but being told some things about how the caliper will hit the spokes, a few members have said that's not true and I agree but I haven't tried yet and I'm away from home right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
get a stock hub from a KTM dealer, call Buchanan and they will make you a 17” that will clear the caliper.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts