SuperMoto Junkie banner

Any NWGP News?

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  elroy121 
#1 ·
Any news on the NWGP series or the Wisc. Mini Racing League? Who's running it? Tracks? or no racing/series and just track days? Weekend slots will fill up fast..So whats the skivvy? :hmmm:

#3 ·
Aside from the previous ramblings about changes, this is all we have on their Facebook page.

Northwoods GP - As of right now they are working in getting things together for next year. There is nothing yet set in stone for next year. As soon as I hear more I will post it. I apologize that I don't have more exact info at this time,
December 8, 2014 at 1:20pm
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest, which is sad. I was hoping to get in some NWGP in 2015.

#4 ·
Both facecrap pages are dead, no news or anything about upcoming season..just some guy selling racetrack emblems!:headscrat Really!! I guess it's trackdays only..Anyone want to buy a fully prepped ttr125 loaded and a like new ttr90 set up for mini moto? :rolleyes2:

#5 ·
Well I'm ok with track days also. You can still line up with your buddies and race, and it costs less. That's probably part of the reason NWGP is dying, Why should anyone pay for a race when a track day is just $45.

Racing in CCS at Road America is actually cheaper than a track day. (well at least until you drop $10K into your bike)

I've always liked supermoto track days better than road race track days. The rules at the big tracks annoy me and the CR's frequently act like policemen with sticks up their butts. With SportbikeTrackTime, ZARS, MotoVid and such, every morning we have to listen to a speech about safety and they cram "This is not a race!" down our throats. At USAIR, it's like "Hey guys, let's line up and race!"

#6 ·
Racing with NWGP was only $65 for a whole day of racing at Usair and at the end of the day you could still practice till dark..you can't beat the price or facility..I hope someone steps up..I'd help in a heartbeat but I'm 5-6hrs away...:hmmm:

#7 ·
trackdays are no where near as fun as racing. I doubt I will ride my sumo on the track this year if there is no midwest racing. I will just ride my big bike on the street and go on road trip.

#8 ·
Your right G2G Track days are in no way as much fun as racing!! I like the format of a track day on Sat and racing on Sun at USAIR...you get to sort out the bike on Sat and race on Sun!!..$100 w/e for 2 full days you can't beat that!! Again I hope somebody knows something I don't and gets this thing going!! :hmmm:

#12 ·
http://www.usairmotor
sports.com/calendar.html

2015 schedule posted for USAIR. No supermoto events on it. Maybe they are still working on it but I get the feeling the series is done.

If there is no Northwoods GP, maybe a bunch of us could get together and just have an informal race on a track day. We could ask Pat and Ann for permission to have a start and a finish.
Word is the schedule should be out within a week or so. No USAIR though unfortunately.

#20 ·
I wouldn't consider the Road America day and the US Air day at Shawano WMLR event. The Road America day is an AMA race and the Shawano day is a SMEC LOTW day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.