SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,not been around for a while now,had a couple or 3 hoosks in the past
and used to love this thing...

Any thoughts or experience with this new Frankenhusk?
I must admit to have only recently discovered their existence and now at 59 something like this might appeal to my advanced years;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've started a mini "wiki" where I log and collect everything I learn about this bike

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've started a mini "wiki" where I log and collect everything I learn about this bike

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Brother I am 70 and I have not a clue what a Frankenhusk is. Started on a 400 Husky in 68 and have had 4 Hooskins over the years and now at 70 it is impossible for me to ride and conrol anything
with a 32" are taller seat never mind a 35 or higher seat height. So tell me what a FrankenHusk is?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
What he means is husky was owned by BMW and when KTM bought them around the 2013 model year the entire factory and all the rights were bought my SWM. Husky now is very near identical with the ktm(more or less). SWM is very close to a time capsule from around 2011 for the BMW owned husky, but they made adjustments and improvements over the years. The first few years they were really good value. The price is creeping up there now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I can tell they are exactly the same as 2010 510s just different plastics and seat with abs, different suspension, 2007 style gauge cluster and the rear subframe has a little added bit with some handles and a cooler evap can but your gonna remove that anyways . I think 2019 is when the changed the rear fender and seat just barley at where they meet. Some years use different years of husky bits here and there. They do some weird things like add the off-road front engine guards but remove the frame guards at your feet. Swm will tell you the parts aren’t interchangeable but they are full of it. It’s hard to get swm parts in the US besides from af1 and Oem husky parts have been a little harder to get since the covid thing. You would think they would be just as good as the husky just with crappier suspensions and a little heavier since they bolt on every husky part that’ll fit lol but I’ve heard some horror stories about reliability on some forms which is weird but I guess quality control just isn’t all there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts