SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I'm wondering if there's a way to get a fuel gauge or low level fuel light for my 06 625 SMC? I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I tried to search the forum and came up with zilch. Any advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank and adapting the level sensor/gauge from some other bike onto it could work, but the calibration might not be close enough to work on the 625's tank.

Maybe one of those flow-meter and sensor computers for boats similar to this-- http://www.boatersland.com/lmf200.html --might work out.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Fuel gauges are for cars cuz they're hard to push.

Just reset the trip. Turn one side off at 75 miles or whenever you want. When you run out turn the tap back on. "reserve"

Just once, carry a bottle of fuel in your pack. I like Fiji water bottles or msr or whatev.

You need to know how far it will go on a full tank.

Oh, another thing. There's fuel still in there even if both sides are on and you've run out.
Lay bike almost on the ground on left. Wait a min. Jiggle the line and get the gas to flow then shut off the right. Then lean it way over to the right and wait a min.
Fire it up and short shift up the hill. Shut off and coast. It's not much, but even a few ounces is better than pushing.

Reset trip or shut one tap off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was planning on doing, I guess I need to read the manual for my Vapor setup because whenever the bike doesn't have a clean start it resets the module, which resets the trip so the only way I've known thus far is to just take the cap off and peek in.

Fuel gauges are for cars cuz they're hard to push.

Just reset the trip. Turn one side off at 75 miles or whenever you want. When you run out turn the tap back on. "reserve"

Just once, carry a bottle of fuel in your pack. I like Fiji water bottles or msr or whatev.

You need to know how far it will go on a full tank.

Oh, another thing. There's fuel still in there even if both sides are on and you've run out.
Lay bike almost on the ground on left. Wait a min. Jiggle the line and get the gas to flow then shut off the right. Then lean it way over to the right and wait a min.
Fire it up and short shift up the hill. Shut off and coast. It's not much, but even a few ounces is better than pushing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
... Turn one side off at 75 miles or whenever you want. When you run out turn the tap back on. "reserve" ...

Lay bike almost on the ground on left. Wait a min. Jiggle the line and get the gas to flow then shut off the right...

AFAIK, all tanks that fit the 625, other than possibly the Safari tanks, only have the left-side fuel tap (I could certainly be wrong though).

So far, I've been lucky enough to not need to find out how much "reserve" fuel is left over on the right side when the fuel-tap's reserve has gone bye-bye. But you're right, I need to find out under controlled conditions one of these days.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts