SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, newish to supermoto and this site, waitin for my new bike to be delivered next week :D
any other brits on here?!
Josh

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
3rd generation brit brat, here. My G'ma is english, and still has a bit of an accent after 50+ years stateside, and my pops was born in england on a air base. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter to you, as I'm in AZ, Usa. I know there's a few fellows on here from the isles. Maybe they'll chime in soon. Welcom to the forum. Congrats on the purchase of your new bike. What one did you get?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3rd generation brit brat, here. My G'ma is english, and still has a bit of an accent after 50+ years stateside, and my pops was born in england on a air base. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter to you, as I'm in AZ, Usa. I know there's a few fellows on here from the isles. Maybe they'll chime in soon. Welcom to the forum. Congrats on the purchase of your new bike. What one did you get?
got a stock 06' drz 400sm coming next wednesday, will be changin bits straight away-the front and rear lights look dated, far to big and cheap in my opinion, as does the stock front fender-looks like a limp todger!
where abouts your folks from?
whats your ride?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
where abouts your folks from?
whats your ride?
My g'ma and her family are from the manchester area, though she was born in Johannesburg, SA. Her father was in the RAF. My g'pa was in the U.S.A.F. and was all over the place. No one seems to remember exactly where my dad was born, though it says on his birth certificate. I grew up over here, in farmland outside of Chicago, and my dad doesn't remember anything of the UK.

I used to have a XR650R, though I'm bikeless right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not English, but I work with people near Darlington (more specifically, Northallerton). If for whatever reason I need to be relocated there for work, I'd definitely get a sumo for my commute! Of course, I'd be quite a bit north of you, Josh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not English, but I work with people near Darlington (more specifically, Northallerton). If for whatever reason I need to be relocated there for work, I'd definitely get a sumo for my commute! Of course, I'd be quite a bit north of you, Josh.
yeah that is a fair old way north especially on british roads!
whats your work then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im about 10-15 miles away from Liverpool. But my aunt live up near Darlington looks like theirs some awesome roads up there, just not been up on my bike yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
whats your work then?
The division of the company I work is based here in Austin, TX. We manufacture industrial coatings (liquid and powder epoxy coatings, as well as some liquid urethane coatings). We have a subsidiary in Northallerton. I get to travel there on occasion to work with the products manufactured at that facility.

...But my aunt live up near Darlington looks like theirs some awesome roads up there, just not been up on my bike yet.
haha! They took us all the way out to Whitby for fish, chips and mushy peas (and few pints of Bitter!) and I couldn't help think about how fun it would be to ride through that beautiful countryside! Even if y'all do drive on the "wrong" side of the road! :lol:

None of those guys at the Northallerton facility ride 'tards to my knowledge. But one guy rides a nicely restored Triumph Bonneville. :bike: I'm looking forward to my next trip over there, but alas I probably won't be able to ride.

cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts