SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the search function to death, but I can't seem to find a decent answer to my question. I have been contemplating selling my Husq 510 SMR for the following reasons: my bike (2008) was the 1st year Husq started putting a shortened swinger on the bikes for better track cornering but that also makes it impossible to spoon a dirt setup on it to play in the woods, and the 300-400 mile oil changes are becoming kind of a PITA:lol:

That being said, I have been eyeing up the EXC model Ktm's. I would use the bike for 60% street to include the occasional 55 mile commute to work all backroads, 20% supermoto track days, and 20% woods/dirt riding.

I have found several bikes for sale, 2007 525 EXC, 2008 450 EXC-R, 2005 525 EXC, Etc. I know there are differences in the motors from 2007-2008 model year.....would one be better for what I am looking to do with the bike?

Thanks for any input:thumbup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Fun bike, I rode an 2005 450EXC with dirt asnd SM trim for a while and it was a great machine. Other than the dirt tires not fitting I don't think the RFS KTM's are that different from the Huskys.

Still have to do those pesky 500 mile oil changes (3 oil filters on these BTW) and keep up with the chain slack and valve adjustments. Eats up tires pretty quick too.

I should warn you 55 street miles on a stock EXC seat will be rough.
Recanzo or gel seat might be needed if your gonna ride that far on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts