SuperMoto Junkie banner

another tarded newb!

646 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  blkduc 
#1 ·
Hello gentlemen. I am new to the board but certainly not new to riding. I joined this forum to gain some knowledge.

I have a question...would an '06 DR-Z400SM make a good street tard? I have someone locally wanting to trade one for a 600 sportbike, and I'm thinking of trading my 600rr for it. How are they for maintenance, reliability, etc.? Anyone know?

I'm a roadracer and have many years street riding experience but no knowledge of street tards. I can't seem to get the idea out of my head that I have to get one, so I'm starting to look.

Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

#2 ·
DRZ400 is a great starter bike, very low matanice and pretty bullitproof
but, if you have riden anythign with power you will want something bigger, or do some serious modding in my opinion
but i cant spell
and my last bike was a CR500 hahah

#5 ·
I ride an 06 400 and its a blast! Coming off a 2004 636 the bike felt slow, but I've been having so much fun on the DRZ that I've only taken the 636 out once! I paid 5 flat for mine but you can do a little better (probably 4700 or so). If you've been racing though, you might want a bike with a bit more power. Husky610 is a DRZ on speed and a lot of fun, and would probably be great if you're looking for something bigger and faster but don't mind the extra work.

#7 ·
I guess I'm looking for a balance of less (or easier) maintenance, and power. I'll sacrifice power some for a good bike that won't give me too many headaches. But at the same time, I don't want something that's way down on power, so that's what I mean by a balance.

Having said that...I'm really digging the KTMs and they seem to be real popular as motards.

Thanks for the responses. Researching toys is so much fun!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.