SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

First post here, although I've lurked for a while now before and after purchasing my '08WR/X. I've posted a similar thread at the WR forum, but wanted your take here, too.

I think my fuel pump is going out, but it hasn't happend while starting the bike in hot weather like the others I've read about; just on the road. Here's the scoop on my bike:

Build 12/07 #0295, dealer leftover purchased new from Wild West Powersports on 3/19/11 with 46 miles. Now has 1370 miles with AIS and flapper removed, Graves exhaust and FMF Programmer set to 3-5-.5-8-4-4.

Despite mild temps here, my problem surfaces occaisionally on my 25 mile commute. Engine dies at speed, almost as though I'm running out of fuel (despite a full tank of gas last night), and then comes back to life. Last night it took about 400 feet and a downshift to 5th at 70 mph to get it to come back on. Bike felt low on power before and after that, too. It has done this 3 times now, with last night being the longest/worst one.

So...does this sound like the fuel pump to you guys or are there other things I should be checking and diagnosing (like the programmer. Are these known to fail like this?). With the intake and exhaust mods, I'm hesitant to pull the programmer as this only happens occaisionally. I'd like to figure this out myself without having to hassle with the dealer.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Nic

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am experiencing a similar issue. I have only had it cut out/bog down for a couple seconds or each time normally under wide open throttle situations. I just clutch it and rev it a couple times and I continue on my way. I have only experienced this since I installed the FMF programmer. I have had 16k miles issue free prior to the install of the FMF programmer and exhaust. I am leaning towards the FMF programmer. Unfortunately I do not have a solution for your issue.

**Update**
I went home for lunch and had it cut out again. This time in 6th wide open. It started to stutter and I downshifted to 5 and all was back to normal. Anyone else have any experience with these symptoms?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer, Jason. I was hoping to hear that it was something as simple to diagnose as the fuel pump. How long have you had the programmer hooked up?

Good luck and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this too....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts