SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just picked my WR250X today and gotta say there have been lots of smiles so far:thumbup:

Wanted to say thanks for all the great info on the forum here. I'm an old fart :headshake that got back into bikes after almost 30 years.

I got back into bikes with a 06' GSXR 600 and then bought a used 07' Triumph Daytona 675.

My Son also rides and we have been looking at Super Moto's and then saw one at a dealer.

Well you all know how that goes . . .

Anyway here's a pic of the new ride . . .

Oh yeah, the first mod was losing the stickers and reflectors :clap:

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had a sport bike, 04 CBR600RR. Sold it last summer and bought a WR X a week ago. I'd have to say I think the WR X is more fun. Obviously it doesnt have the get-up-and-go that the sportbike had, but you cant jump them off curbs and stuff. Go for the motard!!

on a sidenote: 04 cbr600rr insurance = bout 1200 a year
08 WR250X insurance = 245 a year (full coverage)

·
Registered
17 Posts
how did you like the 675, ive been looking at a few 07's, but i haven't heard to much about them.... maint., performance???? i just got rid of a gsxr-750 and bought a sxv 5.5, looking to add another sport bike though........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the WR has been a real blast. It is so dang flicky :thumbup:

You're right in that it feels pretty tame compared to a sportbike but honestly with either of my other two bikes you really can't stay on the gas for too long unless you're out of ticket range.

The Daytona is an awesome bike. Compared to the GSXR the Triumph is VERY track oriented.

The seating position is very high and the 675 has about 11mm less trail than the Gixxer. This makes it feel a little nervous it tight low speed corners.

The brakes on the Triumph are absolutely the best I have ever ridden.

So far the WR gets a huge thumbs up for smiles per mile.

Here's a pic of the Daytona . . .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Im so torn between this bike and a sport bike...
Go witht the SM... I started on Duals, got an F4i in 03... rode that till 05 when I got my SM... rode that till 08 and thought, hmmm... too slow (was running intrmediate on track days), I'll go back to Sportbikes... sold the SM... biggest mistake I made!!!

HATED being on a sportbike. The freedom of jumping a curb... cracking the throttle open and not worring about speed, too much, haha... just being a hooligan... and my back... ooooh my back hurt so much.

yeah, Sold the sportie last night and am in the search for another SM.

Best bike I have ever owned, most fun and smiles per miles... SMs are the chit...

·
Registered
34 Posts
congrats

I bought the same bike and love it. It is so much fun to ride. I do not spend much time on the highway but windy 45-55 mph back roads are great. Straight highways are boring anyway. Put the fmf powercore, trimmed the front fender, and rear light, emigo hand guards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not spend much time on the highway but windy 45-55 mph back roads are great. Straight highways are boring anyway. Put the fmf powercore, trimmed the front fender, and rear light, emigo hand guards.
Same here. My ride to work takes me over a mountain and is 9.3 miles of fun. Some of the best scenery ever.

I had the misfortune of hitting a deer last year while riding the Gixxer :headshake, not cool at all.

How do you like the FMF pipe and did you have to do any ecu stuff (Power Commander)?

I want to get an exhaust (I said I wasn't gonna do this LOL) and have been looking already but would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

Here's a couple of pics from the ride to work . . .

·
Registered
34 Posts
wr x

The FMF powercore worked great no powercammander. The bike runs great with just the slip on. The only thing i have noticed is I have to let the bike warm up when it is cold in the morning. If I chop the throttle after coasting to the first stop sign it may stall. Kind of like a 4-stroke hik-up. I ride yz250f I have an 03 & 07 both have been tuned very well both have a hik-up in them till they are warm (different throttle positions) One I have passed the first stop sign no problems. With the pipe when disconnecting the ex-up valve, the valve itself goes away but leave the seleniod on the bike pluged in. If you remove the selenoid the check engine light will stay on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The FMF powercore worked great no powercammander. The bike runs great with just the slip on. The only thing i have noticed is I have to let the bike warm up when it is cold in the morning. If I chop the throttle after coasting to the first stop sign it may stall. Kind of like a 4-stroke hik-up. I ride yz250f I have an 03 & 07 both have been tuned very well both have a hik-up in them till they are warm (different throttle positions) One I have passed the first stop sign no problems. With the pipe when disconnecting the ex-up valve, the valve itself goes away but leave the seleniod on the bike pluged in. If you remove the selenoid the check engine light will stay on.
Man that looks awesome :thumbup: So the FMF pipe does away with the EXUP valve right? I said I wasn't going to mod this bike but, well crap, you all know how that goes :laughingr

Thanks for the info,
Bob

Oh yeah, where did you get the skid plate?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts