SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Working now, but the first time it went to black screen and said private. That is by far the best one I have ever seen you pull off, very awesome dude!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cam is the Go Pro HD. Works really well, the only problem is that it's a wide angle lens, so everything looks really far away. My wife was filming and at times I could see her right next to me, but in the video it still looks far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
cam

how long does it record for,does it av a sd card,how long do the batteries last,,,

nice wheelies mate show you some of mine wen i sort a cam on 450 smr..

KEEP THE WHEEL UP DUDE :clap::clap:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Damn that was sweet! couple questions... how did you start it? 2nd gear shift into 3rd and balance out in 4th?... seems like you were cooking pretty good...

Is your gearing stock?...

And are you ever worried about starving the engine of oil for keeping it up that long?... I remeber my R1's used to have the oil pump at the bottom of the engine and after doing a wheelie for a couple kms, the oil light would come on becaue the engine would be starving of oil...

Cheers! :thumbup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bellmoto,
it does have an SD card. I have a 32 gig card, which is way more than you need. A 16 gig is plenty. The battery probably lasts for somewhere around 2 to 3 hours, if you were to run the camera continuously. You could always buy a second battery if you need more battery life.

Whoopazz,
I usually bring it up in either 2nd or 3rd gear. Looking at the video, I think I brought it up in 2nd, but shifted to third right away, as the front wheel was about a foot off the ground. Once I get to balance point, I usually try to keep it there without shifting. Since I was on the highway, I know I grabbed at least one shift to get up to the speed of the flow of traffic. It does look like towards the end I was going pretty fast, so I probably grabbed another shift somewhere along the way. I tried watching the video to see when or where I shifted, but I really can't tell.

Everything on the bike is stock, aside from the FMF exhaust and mapping. The gearing is stock too, whatever that is. Oh, and it has a Scotts steering damper, which helps when putting down a high speed wheelie, if the bars happen to be crossed up.

I use to worry about oil starvation, but I watch for the oil light and it has never come on while wheeling. I assume I'm not losing oil pressure, or else the light would at least flicker, or I would start to hear the valves tap, and they're not. I've also been wheeling this bike since I got it with 3K miles, it now has 8K miles, and I have never had a problem, so I'm assuming there aren't any issues with the oil pick up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great thx for the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts