SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm down! You want to run from Wrightwood today, or maybe thursday? I roll from Wrightwood to Newcombs all the time. I'd be a little worried about making the shell sta. in La Canada on the stock SMR tank though. Let me know!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah sat looks like it could work, the crest tends to have a bunch of CHP on it on the weekends. You ever thought about rolling up for an evening ride? That road is almost deserted from about 3pm onwards weekday evenings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet. Lets meet up at the 76 station right there at the off ramp. 9:am sounds good. anybody else that wants to roll is more than welcome. cbreakin whats your fuel range look like? I have an IMS 3 gal tank, so i could make it the whole way to glendale, but when i've ridden angeles before with a buddy, we just went to newcombs and came back to the 15. I think its about 37 miles to newcombs from the 15?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah that sounds cool. I'm still rollin the stock tank so I can go ~70 miles depending on how hard I ride. I can make it from 138/15 to Newcombs and back to the gas station in Wrightwood on one tank...barely. Anyway my name's Cliff. I'll PM you my number so if anything changes you can just txt.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Just be careful up there... CHP has been on "Maximum Enforcement" for weeks now - Targeting bikes specifically.

Tetge and I got stopped way out on the Forest Hwy. a few weeks back. They will stop you for ANY violation and then look you over and cite you for whatever.

If you have a modded exhaust, I would be very cautious.

Typically this is weekends only, and probably more focused on the LaCanada end down by the 210, but they roll all over the place.

You want to do an evening ride, or a non-weekend deal, I would be interested. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, Hwy 2 was even featured on the channel 7 news a few weeks back. They mentioned fatality accidents and sited "reckless motorcyclist" specifically...too bad they failed to mention that most were the result of CAR crashes, at least one involving alcohol. I'm my opinion it's just a publicity ruse.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah so where in glendale do you ppl want to meet? And how long do you slow pokes gona take to get here? :lol:
just kidding... :anim_peep:
Is there a specific gas station or something?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good question. We got cbreakin rolling on a tank that can't make it all the way through to gelndale, or the shell station at the end of Angeles crest, but we should be at newcombs sometime in the neighborhood of 10 or 10:15 i guess. If you wanna meet there and chill thats cool. Not sure yet if this convoy will make it all the way to end of ACH. Any input cbreakin?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm down to try. If it's cool I'll bring a small hose, and in the event of running out of gas maybe someone will let me pimp some from their tank. Seriously though, I'm thinking if I top off in Wrightwood I should be able to make it to the Shell in La Canada. No way I can make it to Sunland/Glendale though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah cliff, that'd be cool with me. I google mapped the highway and its exectly 60.1 miles from wrightwood to the shell gas station, so if were just crusin (tryin to fly under chp radar/lidar) you should be able to make it. And yeah, zupafly, we could meet at that shell station right there on angeles crest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.