SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Me!

after doing a gazillion oil changes on both my 510's.I did an oil change today and realised that I'd fitted the foreward bag filter in backward after the last change.

what a twat!.Not concentrating,old age and talking at the same time is all I can put it down to

These things should really be made fully idiot proof you know:rolleyes:..think I could have caused any damage in 200 miles?:headshake

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Oooops, could happen to anyone. Give it a good flush and inspect the other screen and magnet. Your probably fine.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
How did you put in backwards?:headscrat Mine will only go in the right way, not backwards...it won't seat the whole way with it in wrong:headscrat

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you put in backwards?:headscrat Mine will only go in the right way, not backwards...it won't seat the whole way with it in wrong:headscrat
Yes it will fit both ways,but now I'm properly confused!!

see this pic from the official manual(the filter adjacent to screw 13)

thats shown the wrong way around isn't it?......the macined shoulder bit goes in first and not the meshed portion

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did mine the other day... Only did one bag, wouldntt go in the other way for me.. Don't remember if I put the shoulder side out or NOT... Where is the other bag?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That shows it backwards. There have been several threads on the subject and here's one old one I found.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?4911-Front-Oil-Filter-Question-Which-Way

Husqvarna documentation is not gospel, unfortunately.
Yea,I called my dealer earlier just to confirm(I thought I was going mad for sure)the factory know of the error and don't seem too bothered about correcting the manual..and thats the filter that supplies the oil pump apparently:headscrat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts