SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Supermoto Riders Coalition is organizing an amateur grand national supermoto championship.

There will be multiple qualifier rounds that go off through out the country and at the end of the year we will meet at the final round of the pro series and compete for the class title. The qualifier rounds will be part of the national pro series, the first round is scheduled for June 2-3 at Willow Springs.

For more info see the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SMRidersCoalition

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with everybody including WRsteveX on this one.

While I do acknowledge the intent behind posting in every single forum, there is a proper method to do so, and also an improper.

Posting 20+ individual messages in separate forums is not the proper method. He should have contact the forum admins of SMJ and had a Global Announcement made which requires one post that is visible in all forums.

As it sits now with all the separate postings, it would be a nightmare for the original poster to track down and keep up with the replies. (Unless he subscribed to each and every posting)

Making sure the message reaches the entire member-base ... good idea.
Spamming individual forums with the same post ... wrong approach.

Just my .02 worth from the back of the pack.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to have to agree with everybody including WRsteveX on this one.

While I do acknowledge the intent behind posting in every single forum, there is a proper method to do so, and also an improper.

Posting 20+ individual messages in separate forums is not the proper method. He should have contact the forum admins of SMJ and had a Global Announcement made which requires one post that is visible in all forums.

As it sits now with all the separate postings, it would be a nightmare for the original poster to track down and keep up with the replies. (Unless he subscribed to each and every posting)

Making sure the message reaches the entire member-base ... good idea.
Spamming individual forums with the same post ... wrong approach.

Just my .02 worth from the back of the pack.
I have tried to contact the forum admin to get this into on place but they have not given me a response. Just trying to get the word out to all the different areas. I don't know about you but I don't normally follow the posts outside my area and this announcement applies to all racers. I doubt the AM riders follow the pro forum either. So you tell me, where should this be posted so that the news gets out to everyone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have tried to contact the forum admin to get this into on place but they have not given me a response. Just trying to get the word out to all the different areas. I don't know about you but I don't normally follow the posts outside my area and this announcement applies to all racers. I doubt the AM riders follow the pro forum either. So you tell me, where should this be posted so that the news gets out to everyone.
Not cracking a whip here, just offering advice. The first thing I would suggest is reading the rules.

Site rules: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?4034-Site-rules.-Please-read-before-posting.

Paying attention to this section might help ...
"Starting a new thread when a similar thread has already been started could be post whoring."

Keywords here are "could be" ... that's not up for me to decide.

Secondly, I'd look for the "most" appropriate forum to post in, one that applies to what you are trying to relay. It is not your job to try and reach every viewer of every forum but rather make your post in a place where "if" people were looking for that information they could find it.

I find it mildly annoying that with all your effort to get the word out that you failed to post in "the" most appropriate section. There is a section for "News, Races, Events & Clubs". This is a race correct? You are trying to make a race announcement right?

Then why not in the minimum at least make a race announcement in the "Announcments" forum?

So you tell me, where should this be posted so that the news gets out to everyone.
I'd start there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts