SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here is the story sad but true !
after you here this you will believe that the ama and gavin trippe /xtrm are doing the absolute best job and have the most level heads of any in supermoto.
the canadian cmrc s/moto pro nationals-had their first round cancelled due to heavy rains. the riders were able to minipulate the cmrc/buddy ford into paying them all first place points for showing up!!!!!!!!!
note this is a first and not in their rules or ever said this could happen.so now if you did not show up at that first race you are now exactly 25 pts behind every single pro rider that just showed up!!!!!!!!

yes if we showed we could have gotten such points but took the weather risk and the 17 hour drive and rolled the dice.
and if there was a race only one guy would win and receive 25 pts not every rider!!!!!!!!!!!

we have sponsors that would like to see us win titles ,as many racers and sponsors do, but with club level antics as this ,no sponsor in their right mind would give any validity to a title from the circus of show up points.
i also find it hard to beleive that hard working dedicated pro racers would like to win due to weather related points and not by doing the hard work and applieing their skills to win races and beat the competition.
there are only six races in ther series and with the whole lot of pro class riders from the first round getting the full points --the defecit cannot be made up.
cmrc has cemented themselves as a club level series with this move -hell maybe they will add a track work day or a car /bike wash in the future and PAY NATIONAL POINTS FOR THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well all you cmrc-ers flame on and the rest of you i will try to answer questions about this the best i can::laughingr

·
Registered
162 Posts
You might want to check your facts. The Jonquiere race does indeed have everyone down as 1st for the second moto, but no points were awarded. If you check the National standings, Doug Beattie has 29 points, all of them earned in Parry Sound.

Here is the link if anyone cares to check the FACTS. http://cmrcquebec.com/results08/sm/ Check National standings at the bottom and you will see there is no way that anyone was awarded an extra 25 points for just "showing up".

·
Banned
323 Posts
Although you have a point, I don't know about "the riders" having made this decision.. if so, I sure as hell didn't know that.. I was told the morning it was cancelled that we all got points for showing up.. I didn't really think much of it. All this political race bullshit makes me turned off from it all. I like to ride, and as long as I do my part, put in the best I can and my sponsors are happy then I'm happy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
peter,
your are a great asset to the sport and are a good return for your sponsors. it is too bad that your sanctioning body is not as proffesional as you are !

·
Registered
527 Posts
maybe I came off a little strong but I don't think publicly bashing the CMRC is going to help. You guys have your series so you're happy, but us Canadians don't have sh*t. I'd rather have somewhat of a series than nothing at all...ya dig?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure it ain't easy trying to put a serie's together takes more than one moron to [email protected]% it up. If every one would have showed up maybe we would have raced. I race in rain our shine. Some bitch predicting weather ain't stopping me from riding. Exepted the one I wake up with every morning. Another slip up for the serie's was was Parry Sound one day it's canceled 100% Then it ain't mid week. Pretty hard canceling family plan's carved in stone to go racing:boxing: let our head's remain cool I'm sure thing's will get better

·
Banned
323 Posts
ok everyone relax.. the series is what it is. everyone's got a point.. these are the issues we deal with.. in a perfect world, the series would have tons of sponsorship $$$ and we'd get the likes of JSR and Klatt or maybe Ross Pederson or Francis MArtan or Steve Crevier doing it along with other Canadian legends.. It will (or should I say I hope) get better.. we all have to be professional about it and stand by our sport... Hopefully one day some one with some pull will make a deal with some energy drink company and pump $100,000 into it.. until then, all I personally care about is riding.. the hell with the politics.

·
Banned
323 Posts
peter,
your are a great asset to the sport and are a good return for your sponsors. it is too bad that your sanctioning body is not as proffesional as you are !
I appreciate your compliment. But just ease up on our CRMC-ers. some of us aren't in the political loop as far as the rules go.. I think the rule book is work in progress :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just trying to play on a level and fair field and let the skillls and the hard work of the racers decide the outcome of a seasons worth of racing -- not shooting from the hip and making things up as each new race weekend comes along.
we all have too much invested of our time and money to be guessing what is around the bend each weekend

·
Registered
162 Posts
You use "their series" a lot in your post. Do you race the CMRC series? If you do, I can understand your frustration if this is indeed true. If you don't, I can't understand why you would have such harsh words about something that doesn't affect you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
greezer, got your PM. Still don't know who you are, or why this is of concern to you. I won't hide my thoughts on this, here it is in the open.

So you know, I have not raced a single CMRC race in my life, nor have I raced anything. I would have raced this year in the beginner class had I not injured myself practicing at Batavia. So you are right, I am not affected by this. But the sport is affected by your need to knock an organizatin that is trying to get a foothold in Canada. Why do I have an interest in this? Because I plan to race as soon as I can. I have been bitten hard by the Supermoto bug. I want there to be a series for me to race in.

Like I said in my previous post, which for some reason prompted you to call me a smart ass, if you have some sort of stake in this, I can understand your frustration. If you race in the AMA series and not the CMRC series, then why do you care?

·
Registered
7 Posts
free education

FACTS:

1. As an obvious newcomer to the Canadian Scene with it seems just one race under your belt in Canada you officially know ZERO about how things are done here and more importantly the history which ultimately dictates the reasons behind it.

2. Until you have either: (a) stepped up to the monumental challenge of risking your own personal finances to promote an event or series (which even the industry in Canada itself barely acknowledges and promoters have a huge challenge to pay all the costs and break even let alone profit) or (b) spent at least one full season racing here getting to know the people, the way things are done and the why behind it, you sir are not qualified to have an opinion.

In response to your words / allegations:

"well here is the story sad but true !
after you here this you will believe that the ama and gavin trippe /xtrm are doing the absolute best job and have the most level heads of any in supermoto."

** the fact that you throw your own series and sanctioning body under the bus in addition to ours shows you are clearly dissatisfied with they way everyone handles things?

America is a Country with 10 times our population and consequently (theoretically) 10 times the potential ridership and hopefully 10 times the financial resources. With 10 times more potential for everything perhaps you need to revisit YOUR expectation level in a Country 1/10th your size and align it more with REALITY.

Ours (although usually rivaling the entry numbers of an AMA National) is fairly tight group of core enthusiasts who are there to have FUN. NO ONE is getting PAID or making a living so that means everyone is SPENDING. As such, most often things are done in a 'majority rules' fashion to keep those who are funding this thing happy. It's FAR from perfect but until such time as bigger money arrives 'that's how it is"!

As for Gavin and the AMA, if it were not for him there wouldn't even BE an AMA series at all this year, so what kind of person bashes those who have stepped into a tough situation (not of their making) trying to save a sport most have written off?

"the riders were able to minipulate the cmrc/buddy ford into paying them all first place points for showing up!!!!!!!!!"

** nobody manipulated anybody (a vote is not a manipulation); Unlike you, the riders who made the commitment to come from near and far, spending money on fuel and lodging etc. deserved a reward for MAKING A COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES, despite a long drive, high fuel prices and a week of sketchy weather reports leading up to the event they SHOWED UP! If you had spent a grand put a thousand miles on your vehicle and taken days off work / blew your weekend for a rain-out you too would feel entitled to a leg up on those who didn't bother.

ROI! (Return On Investment) They made an investment and received a return. This is not the first time points have been paid in this fashion in Canadian racing and it won't be the last. Those who sat on their ass holding their wallet closed, gambled and lost and in knowing there was a chance the race would be run (points awarded) they were prepared for that outcome.

If you were truly serious about the series then you: (a) you would have been there (b) would have been rewarded for stepping up to the plate (c) would be on even ground with the rest of the series regulars going into round 2 and (d) wouldn't be blaming YOUR decision not to go on the organizers in a public forum.

Conversely if everyone had done as you did and stayed home for a reason such as distance and an uncertain weather forecast the promoters would have been left with a great track, a big crowd and no one to entertain them, and a $30 thousand dollar bill to create a place for it all to MAYBE happen. Fair?

"we have sponsors that would like to see us win titles"

** I don't see how that could possibly be true? If you are being sponsored to win a title then why were you not at Round 1? And if you are being invested in to potentially win a title then why are you upset after not showing up? No reasonable person expects to stay home, miss rounds and win titles.

If anyone should be upset it should be your sponsors. They always ask for a schedule of where you're racing before entering into a deal so despite assurances you were participating in a series to try and win a title or two they allocated products and/or money and you didn't go represent them?

The Canadian Series always has been open to everyone, the more the merrier. However after ACTUALLY COMING TO THE RACES if you have a SUGGESTION on how to make things better going forward, then by all means present it to those in charge in a polite, educated and calm fashion. If you don't agree with the decisions then ask for the information on why your suggestion does not work. If after that you remain uncomfortable with the outcome feel free to fund a rival series or buy out the current one (AMA or CMRC) and run it how you see fit. That would of course be your luxury as the one who is putting up a large sum of money and the effort to organize it.

In the mean time refrain from the verbal diarrhea / personal rant in a public forum, wherein you trash your series, our series and in turn a great sport which is at present hanging by a thread both North and South of the border.

One thing is absolute, all sponsors do not appreciate any sponsored rider publicly badmouthing a series and or those involved. So if you are actually sponsored by somebody 'up your game' and act professionally, even in the face of a situation you had a hand in creating and yet oddly find unjust to you?

Realize that negativity and infighting makes everyone look bad and yes sponsors who potentially sponsor you AND riders in Canada read this forum too so you have done your sport, yourself and all involved a disservice with your comments. You have devalued the very series you wish to hold a title in? Smart! :thumbup::thumbup:

On a personal note; a wise man once said: "When in Rome it is smart to do as the Romans do"

Translation: I am pretty sure the people who have worked this hard to make our series into what it is (even if you don't like it) don't appreciate the way you have expressed your thoughts. Interestingly if your words are true someone down there thought enough of our series to sponsor you in it?

Smile, race, enjoy and add value to your sport.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
FACTS:

1. As an obvious newcomer to the Canadian Scene with it seems just one race under your belt in Canada you officially know ZERO about how things are done here and more importantly the history which ultimately dictates the reasons behind it.

2. Until you have either: (a) stepped up to the monumental challenge of risking your own personal finances to promote an event or series (which even the industry in Canada itself barely acknowledges and promoters have a huge challenge to pay all the costs and break even let alone profit) or (b) spent at least one full season racing here getting to know the people, the way things are done and the why behind it, you sir are not qualified to have an opinion.

In response to your words / allegations:

"well here is the story sad but true !
after you here this you will believe that the ama and gavin trippe /xtrm are doing the absolute best job and have the most level heads of any in supermoto."

** the fact that you throw your own series and sanctioning body under the bus in addition to ours shows you are clearly dissatisfied with they way everyone handles things?

America is a Country with 10 times our population and consequently (theoretically) 10 times the potential ridership and hopefully 10 times the financial resources. With 10 times more potential for everything perhaps you need to revisit YOUR expectation level in a Country 1/10th your size and align it more with REALITY.

Ours (although usually rivaling the entry numbers of an AMA National) is fairly tight group of core enthusiasts who are there to have FUN. NO ONE is getting PAID or making a living so that means everyone is SPENDING. As such, most often things are done in a 'majority rules' fashion to keep those who are funding this thing happy. It's FAR from perfect but until such time as bigger money arrives 'that's how it is"!

As for Gavin and the AMA, if it were not for him there wouldn't even BE an AMA series at all this year, so what kind of person bashes those who have stepped into a tough situation (not of their making) trying to save a sport most have written off?

"the riders were able to minipulate the cmrc/buddy ford into paying them all first place points for showing up!!!!!!!!!"

** nobody manipulated anybody (a vote is not a manipulation); Unlike you, the riders who made the commitment to come from near and far, spending money on fuel and lodging etc. deserved a reward for MAKING A COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES, despite a long drive, high fuel prices and a week of sketchy weather reports leading up to the event they SHOWED UP! If you had spent a grand put a thousand miles on your vehicle and taken days off work / blew your weekend for a rain-out you too would feel entitled to a leg up on those who didn't bother.

ROI! (Return On Investment) They made an investment and received a return. This is not the first time points have been paid in this fashion in Canadian racing and it won't be the last. Those who sat on their ass holding their wallet closed, gambled and lost and in knowing there was a chance the race would be run (points awarded) they were prepared for that outcome.

If you were truly serious about the series then you: (a) you would have been there (b) would have been rewarded for stepping up to the plate (c) would be on even ground with the rest of the series regulars going into round 2 and (d) wouldn't be blaming YOUR decision not to go on the organizers in a public forum.

Conversely if everyone had done as you did and stayed home for a reason such as distance and an uncertain weather forecast the promoters would have been left with a great track, a big crowd and no one to entertain them, and a $30 thousand dollar bill to create a place for it all to MAYBE happen. Fair?

"we have sponsors that would like to see us win titles"

** I don't see how that could possibly be true? If you are being sponsored to win a title then why were you not at Round 1? And if you are being invested in to potentially win a title then why are you upset after not showing up? No reasonable person expects to stay home, miss rounds and win titles.

If anyone should be upset it should be your sponsors. They always ask for a schedule of where you're racing before entering into a deal so despite assurances you were participating in a series to try and win a title or two they allocated products and/or money and you didn't go represent them?

The Canadian Series always has been open to everyone, the more the merrier. However after ACTUALLY COMING TO THE RACES if you have a SUGGESTION on how to make things better going forward, then by all means present it to those in charge in a polite, educated and calm fashion. If you don't agree with the decisions then ask for the information on why your suggestion does not work. If after that you remain uncomfortable with the outcome feel free to fund a rival series or buy out the current one (AMA or CMRC) and run it how you see fit. That would of course be your luxury as the one who is putting up a large sum of money and the effort to organize it.

In the mean time refrain from the verbal diarrhea / personal rant in a public forum, wherein you trash your series, our series and in turn a great sport which is at present hanging by a thread both North and South of the border.

One thing is absolute, all sponsors do not appreciate any sponsored rider publicly badmouthing a series and or those involved. So if you are actually sponsored by somebody 'up your game' and act professionally, even in the face of a situation you had a hand in creating and yet oddly find unjust to you?

Realize that negativity and infighting makes everyone look bad and yes sponsors who potentially sponsor you AND riders in Canada read this forum too so you have done your sport, yourself and all involved a disservice with your comments. You have devalued the very series you wish to hold a title in? Smart! :thumbup::thumbup:

On a personal note; a wise man once said: "When in Rome it is smart to do as the Romans do"

Translation: I am pretty sure the people who have worked this hard to make our series into what it is (even if you don't like it) don't appreciate the way you have expressed your thoughts. Interestingly if your words are true someone down there thought enough of our series to sponsor you in it?

Smile, race, enjoy and add value to your sport.
don't worry we won't be back under these shoot from the hip rules -- we expect a little more structure for a so called national series.
maybe this is why the series continues to flounder year after year with no major financial support.
it is obviosly not due to the riders, they all seem to show up and were all a nice group of guys .
but the races are run mom and pop with last minute cacellations , local promoter changes , and making rules as each event comes along.
the facts are as i first posted and i did not exagerate or stretch the truth.
you can put whatever spin you want on itto make me look like the bad guy , but paying the points for not competeing is ridiculas and will always be just that!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts