SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to say hello. :bannana:
I picked up a pretty decent '02 yz 426 f for $1300 in october and have been tearing up the piplines and trail around southeast texas ever since. I am wanting to street legalize/tard it out but i really would like to be able to swap from street to dirt and vice versa without too much wrench time. I have many upgreades planned for it before I even get to streeting it (powder coating frame/swingarm replacing header and spark arrestor etc [any suggestions on that] and possibly new suspension setup). Sumos look amazing but i dont really want to have to spend 3 hours swapping out tires fenders and god knows what else to ride from my parents house home after scaring the crap outta the local kids on their quads.

Oh here is my bike as is now.
[/IMG]
(hope that works)

Thanks
edge

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Thanks alot man, I appreciate the time to answer my question.

Also what does

mean? lol Sorry bro im a total noob when it comes to things inside the case... Except for spark plugs...
There are two different transimissions in these bikes. There is the YZ (motocross) and the WR (wide ratio). The wide ratio is the enduro version and will have more appropriate/useable gears for the street. The YZ gearing that you have is a close ratio transmission that is designed for tight courses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts