SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an Alpinestars Spinner jacket? That is the one I'm most interested in getting. Right now I have the Troy Lee Designs Speed Jacket, which is basically mesh with padding and some leather. I want an all purpose leather jacket with good protection and style. If you have the Spinner, would you recommend it? Or is there another one you think is better for the price?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have that jacket in the orange (KTM) color. Great jacket and very well constructed. Great leather quality, and would recommend the Spinner model to anyone. Has a nice inner liner that is easily removed. Has padding in the back area, as well as good elbow protection. Alpinestar equipment is usually very good to excellent. :thumbup:
The orange color was discontinued, but if you shop around, there are still some around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the black/grey Spinner. I like the look. Style fits no matter what you ride, supermoto, cruiser, sportbike (well maybe not if you ride a scooter!). It's a very well made jacket. Good shoulder and elbow/forearm protection. Very heavy leather. Seams are put together like a good race suit. Better construction than the Cortech, Joe Rocket, and Hein Gericke jackets that I also own.

Three things to consider.

1. The back protection is pretty wimpy. It's just a foam pad. There is a CE rated back piece available.

2. No zipper attachment for pants. You can't use it as a suit.

3. It's not a very good "summer" jacket. Ventilation is limited to the 2 small shoulder vents and the pockets for intake, and one zipper at shoulder blade level across the back for exhaust. I don't wear the Spinner when the temperature rises. I switch to the cortech or joe rocket ventilated jackets for riding above 90 degrees.

I'd recommend it...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have one, its a great jacket. Holds up well under asphalt attacks (90 yards stumbling and tumbling down the road, and I can still wear it!). Protection is great, but I recomend getting a better back protector. And like was said before, the vents dont do a whole lot. But I highly recomend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts