SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here has ridden there. It's an indoor kart track that sometimes has motards riding there. I've seen youtube videos. They have a meeting tomorrow morning. I called, and the facility itself doesn't run the event. I've tried calling the number they gave me, but haven't received a call back. If anyone knows, can you just show up and ride? Is it more a league instead where you have to be running the whole season? In case it matters, I'd be coming down with a friend, each of us has a crf15f that has been run in NJminiGP races. Just thought it was worth asking here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Join the Facebook Group "Allsports Mini Motards" and talk to Monty Warsing. He is the one that organizes and runs the motard days. Last I checked it was pretty full. You can't just show up and ride, but again talk to Monty and he will do his best!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the info. I had gotten his number earlier from Allsports and left a voice mail, but never got called back. I imagine he's busy. I'm going to chalk this one up to not trying to get info earlier. Wasn't looking to do a legitimate race anyway. Was hoping for more of a practice day, or at least practice sessions between races. I've tweaked my bike a lot, and haven't gotten a chance to even test it out yet due to weather this winter. I'm dying for spring to get here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to clarify (not sure if I read your response correctly), but Allsports Mini Motards is not a race. It's run like a fast paced, non stop sportbike track day. There are four groups (A, B+, B, C in order of fast to beginner), there are no trophies and no winners besides those that go home in one piece. Monty will be awake in a few hours, if you feel like rushing you might have better luck around 5 am :) Note: Show up to allsports at 5:45 for tech and registration, track goes hot at 6:30

·
Registered
3 Posts
Next event is 15Mar and there may be an Apr event too. Registration is first come, first served, and opens about a week before the event via the Facebook page. It's a track day with 4 groups that have been filling up the day registration opens. You self assign the group. First timers typically do C group but B/A may work too based on your experience/skill. Bike needs catch can for fluids and usually trials tires for traction on cold polished cement floor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had been wondering about the floor. Most indoor kart tracks I've seen were smooth. My tires probably wouldn't have done well. Good to know. Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to clarify (not sure if I read your response correctly), but Allsports Mini Motards is not a race. It's run like a fast paced, non stop sportbike track day. audacity temp mail origin There are four groups (A, B+, B, C in order of fast to beginner), there are no trophies and no winners besides those that go home in one piece. Monty will be awake in a few hours, if you feel like rushing you might have better luck around 5 am :) Note: Show up to allsports at 5:45 for tech and registration, track goes hot at 6:30
You self assign the group. First timers typically do C group but B/A may work too based on your experience/skill. Bike needs catch can for fluids and usually trials tires for traction on cold polished cement floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts