SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some generic sliders and was outside grinding for about a half hour and when I finally got them the right fit. I realized. I have no middle area on the foot peg for it to attach. WHAT DID PEOPLE DO? And what are other people doing for the other things to? Fork sliders? Swingarm sliders? I'm trying to track day my bike soon!

Thanks Ahead of time. Pics would be great.

KO

·
Registered
32 Posts
About 50% of peg sliders are weld-on. Find a buddy with a welder and have him tak it on. The bolt-on ones are easier to deal with, but it's just as common to weld 'em.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 50% of peg sliders are weld-on. Find a buddy with a welder and have him tak it on. The bolt-on ones are easier to deal with, but it's just as common to weld 'em.
Do you know what brand? I bought some cheap ones and they don't weld on. I may be able to weld a bolt to the peg or something. But that's all I can think of with the one's I bought. I need to go to the track. Again...pics from anyone with them would be awesome. And Leo Vince Video will be coming soon.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I bought some generic sliders and was outside grinding for about a half hour and when I finally got them the right fit. I realized. I have no middle area on the foot peg for it to attach. WHAT DID PEOPLE DO? And what are other people doing for the other things to? Fork sliders? Swingarm sliders? I'm trying to track day my bike soon!

KO
Hey KO.......I just made a set with an ol set of tony hawks and the hardware cost me 12 bux @ lowes. They are a "beta" version I guess, they are ok, definately will work in a crash. I will put up pix if you want.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey KO.......I just made a set with an ol set of tony hawks and the hardware cost me 12 bux @ lowes. They are a "beta" version I guess, they are ok, definately will work in a crash. I will put up pix if you want.
I appreciate it Mil. I work at a shop and I can't even figure this out without someone holding my hand. LOL..I just don't deal with sliders on a daily basis. It's funny when u work at a shop u can answer everyone's questions but ur own. hope to see pics. thanks MIL

KO

·
Registered
351 Posts
here ya go KO.........Again, not the prettiest thing to look at(for all the forum critics), but Im sure they are good for a fall or two, notice the front view pic, I added a nylon spacer on the throttle side, since the allen head is flush with the forks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Baaaad-ass:thumbup:

Dr. Mil, thats creative. :hmmm:

...maybe do an upgrade w/ black stainless washers/hardware and the Nylon skate wheels in black too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Baaaad-ass:thumbup:

Dr. Mil, thats creative. :hmmm:

...maybe do an upgrade w/ black stainless washers/hardware and the Nylon skate wheels in black too.
Yes sir! That was my plan.........unless there are darker wheels than black.:lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts

KO
Why do you need sliders on the foot pegs? Are they required?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do you need sliders on the foot pegs? Are they required?
Yeah. There called peg sliders. At one place near me they are. I'm not sure about all places.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here ya go KO.........Again, not the prettiest thing to look at(for all the forum critics), but Im sure they are good for a fall or two, notice the front view pic, I added a nylon spacer on the throttle side, since the allen head is flush with the forks.
Thanks Mil, The sliders look good. Is there an axle through each one?

2nd: there's nubbies on the front tire! try leaning over a little more. But I did notice the scrub from either a brick or you backing it in! good on ya!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Mil, are you using thread rod also? How in the world does this actually work? Maybe a little write up like your fender mod???:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
he has done a write up on the fender. i used 1/4" all thread to make my sliders.

original poster-if you have the bolt on peg sliders with the "U" shape bolts, can you put them around the outter edge of the peg rather than an innner support brace as usual?

i put on aftermartket foot pegs btw.

·
Registered
884 Posts
he has done a write up on the fender. i used 1/4" all thread to make my sliders.

original poster-if you have the bolt on peg sliders with the "U" shape bolts, can you put them around the outter edge of the peg rather than an innner support brace as usual?

i put on aftermartket foot pegs btw.
I mentioned the fender mod b/c im contemplating making that same one. Ive seen someone mention the all thread but i dont understand how that works on the front and rear axles.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
manufacturers>suzuki there is a "sliders" sticky that gives and excellent how-to on making your own axle sliders with skateboard wheels, all thread and some nylon lock nuts. its quite easy actually.

when i cut my fender i just took it off, used some tape as a guide to get both sides pretty even and then just went at it with a hack saw. then used a friends dremel to somewhat smooth it out. looks great from 5' away, looks very very hand made at 1' away. =)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
. looks great from 5' away, looks very very hand made at 1' away. =)
Likes his handy work like he like his women:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Man i dig those they look a lil more slick than the skateboard wheels!!! What did they run you if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts