SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had the money I would so own a black dream. Coolest looking SM IMO.
Thanks for your input brother, means alot to me:thumbup:
Like you, I really like the Black Dream, the only thing thats holding me back is the fact that its the 450 black dream, not the 530..
wish I could ride both the wr250x turbo and the black dream to compare..the issue is that the only way to test the WR250x Turbo is to buy one and turbo it myself..noone here has one.

Same goes for the Black Dream, because I?ll have to drive 1600km to testdrive it, seems not worth the trip if I don?t buy it:headshake

Both bikes are extremely rare here..and I happen to like both.. what to do :headscrat:rolleyes:

·
Registered
914 Posts
A local kid has a turboed Wr250, it's pretty underwhelming, even the guys with moderately modded DRZ's leave it behind.

Thing that bothers me about it more than anything else is the way the turbo just sticks out there ready to be destroyed the first time you use it as a frame slider.:rofl:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A local kid has a turboed Wr250, it's pretty underwhelming, even the guys with moderately modded DRZ's leave it behind.

Thing that bothers me about it more than anything else is the way the turbo just sticks out there ready to be destroyed the first time you use it as a frame slider.:rofl:
Thanks for the input! Do you think the TM 450F Engine or any comparable 450cc single cilinder engine would be more fun?
And as far as using the turbo as a frameslider, this obviously isnt my intention, but that would suck really bad hmmm:hmmm:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thanks for the input! Do you think the TM 450F Engine or any comparable 450cc single cilinder engine would be more fun?
And as far as using the turbo as a frameslider, this obviously isnt my intention, but that would suck really bad hmmm:hmmm:
It's not even a contest, ANY modern 450 will flat SMOKE a turboed wr250.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys I'm done with the wr250 :)
The only issue now is: a buddy of me wants to sell me his old KTM 380 EXC (2-stroke) for $1500. Thats alot less compared to the $4000 TM Blackdream..
I've always loved 2-strokes..but the thing is from '98 I believe and I'd need to Sumo it, and maybe modernize the plastics (newer year).. how much will that cost me do you think?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you can buy a black dream for $4000.00 I say grab it. (Unless it has major problems). The Ktm is also a powerhouse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts