SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the northern VA area actually ride? I just moved here from southern Va. I have a 2000 honda xr650r motard and love to ride tight twist roads and riding wheelies. I want to find some people who know the area that want to ride! I am going insaine riding the crapy roads in this area. Please help before I pack it all back up and head back to my twisty country roads!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Does anyone in the northern VA area actually ride? I just moved here from southern Va. I have a 2000 honda xr650r motard and love to ride tight twist roads and riding wheelies. I want to find some people who know the area that want to ride! I am going insaine riding the crapy roads in this area. Please help before I pack it all back up and head back to my twisty country roads!! Thanks

You should be able to find some riders over there. Quite a few of us ride WV and WMD regularly (like today). There are several guys in the MD/DC area too. I know that isn't exactly NoVA, but it might be worth your while.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a grip of crazy back roads in Loudoun, some powerline trails, and a couple of jeep trails going up the mountain. Any time you want to ride, let me know. I just got a 92 DR650, still waiting for a stand, oil filter, and sprocket set. After that, it's on! Dubya, I checked the DAMN link, that Aug weekend sounds awesome. How do I get in on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rt. 234 to Rt. 15 north to Rt. 50 west to middleburg. Hang a right at the traffic light, Foxcroft Rd. twists all the way to Rt. 690. Hang a right at Snickersville Turnpike. Straight shot to a hard right at the stone wall (@ 6 miles), stay straight to get on Lime Kiln Rd. Twists all the way to Rt 15 just north of Gilbert's corner(Rt 50 intersection) Rt 50 East will take you to Chantilly, Rt. 28 south to Rt. 29 back to manassas. You could do that loop in a couple of hours. Just watch out for rush hour traffic, cause these idiots 'round here can't drive worth a spit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh yeah, almost forgot. Right at 690 to snickersville. All paved. If you want to get lost for a couple more hours, there's a whole network of back roads in there, but some are gravel.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Dubya, I checked the DAMN link, that Aug weekend sounds awesome. How do I get in on it?

Just come on out. Or sign up at DAMN and introduce yourself to the group and we will be looking for you. It sounds like we are trying to get organized enough to get the group rate. Normally we just choose a central parking area to meet, then ride together, nothing formal. It is a very easy going and inclusive group.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I'm here!!!
Most of my riding is commuting... too damn busy! But I'm gonna try to make these!!!!
See link http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=61248

I am going insaine riding the crapy roads in this area. Please help before I pack it all back up and head back to my twisty country roads!! Thanks
Ya gotta go west... or west then north, but there are alot of fun roads scattered about... best way for someone new to the area would be gps... just go in the direction of the squiggly lines!!!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
There's a place called "Man-ass-as"???!!!!

..........I LOVE man asses:lol:
Good to hear!:thumbup: I got one of those:Funny:

Its the place where Loraina Bobit did her cutting:eek: So being alone there could be worse....

Theres a place not far from it called "Dumfries"... Anywhere in between is refered to as "Dumasses"!:lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Is there anything to ride out in Manassas? I'm a bit north of you guys, Bethesda area. Plenty of stuff to ride north of here around Frederick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts