SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am currently riding a KTM 990 Superduke which im about to throw up for sale.

Have owned this for 18 months but now selling as I need to do some saving and then I want a cheaper bike.

I initially had my heart set on motarding a KTM 300 EXC until I realised they are a premix bike which would make even irregular commuting annoying for me. I wanted one of those due to liking the KTM brand (not that I am particulary brand loyal heh) and figured a 300 2t would have a bit of up and go too it. Of the smokers it was the most recommended by a dirt bike/mechanic friend of mine.

Want a 450cc 4t minimum to offset the power difference between the current 1000cc v-twin as much as possible, plus I like doing wheelies.

It would be good if it can run both dirt and road gear so that I can have a dirty weekend every so often but it is going to be a road bike first and foremost with an occasional trackday thrown in (once a month at the most).

I have done some browsing and found a few WRf and CRf 450's that come with both rims/tyres etc as well as a few KTM's (4t).

My work commute is a 40 minute round trip and once it warms up a tad more I aim to take the bike more often than the car.

It will of course be used for hooning on the weekends as well =D.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You might want to look at a Husqvarna SMR 450/510. Those things go like crazy. Or if you want something with less maintenance and more suited for commuting look for a SM 610/630 or a KTM 625 :thumbup:

Have you read through the Street Tard Thread yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts