SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new set of hand guards and found something that you might think is very interesting

I bought a pair of Ebay Handguards for my '87 XL250R for about 30 dollars. When they arrived at my door I was shocked. The cheap Ebay hand guards are the exact same as the ACERBIS Rally Pro Handguards on my CRF450X that I paid 89 dollars for. Everything is the same (Plasitc, Mounting hardware, Handguard bar, etc) with the exception that the ACERBIS handguards say 'ACERBIS' on the plastic. You are literally paying 59 dollars for the Acerbis name. I am looking around more and Western Powersports also sells a set of hand guards that look identical for around 45 dollars.

They are very nice hand guards though and mount up very well. They seem to be very stable and solid.

ACERBIS RALLY PRO Handguards

WESTERN POWERSPORTS Handguards

EBay Handguards

·
Registered
608 Posts
You are correct, they are the same.

I had a set of the cheap "bay" on one of my bikes, they hold up pretty good.
The only problem I had was I dropped my bike on a muddy trail and it bent the hand guard just enough so it hit the clutch leaver, I just loosened the bolts and re-positioned it. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had both as well, the colour seems better on my acerbis ones, and the mounts i got were black instead of the silver you get with the ebay ones.

But yer, they are 99% the same

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On mine, even the numbers stamped on the inside of the plastic are the same. It's kind of a joke if you ask me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's because the plastics came out of the exact same injection mold.

Its not a joke, this is how businesses make money. If consumers don't play close enough attention and are willing to pay $90 for a $30 part, why shouldn't they sell it at that price?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts