SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left my bike with my stepdad to check it out after I recently purchased it and he found a horrible discovery. o_O'

This backyard hacker really knows how to put on a headlight... He apparently also substituted headlight wire for speaker wire... :headshake

Any DOT approved headlights that look good for the DRZ OTHER than the Cyclops, that thing looks plain stupid. (IMO)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
As an electrician, I see hack jobs all the time:

-Ma'am...this wiring really is bad and should be redone correctly...

"But it's been like that for 10 years at least!" :rant:

-OK no problem. Do you have fire insurance?

Since supermoto guys are notoriously cheap when it comes to important stuff, yet spare no expense on graphics, your bike dosn't surprise me at all.
And I agree...that cyclops rig is fugly as hell.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Since supermoto guys are notoriously cheap when it comes to important stuff, yet spare no expense on graphics, your bike dosn't surprise me at all.
Hey! I resemble that remark, and I don't have graphics.:anim_peep:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

^^:rofl:

Stock housing with HID setup is the best I've seen yet. Or, splurge for the Trail Tech HID setup. The HID gets people's attention, I've had people flash me on bright sunny days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
^^:rofl:

Stock housing with HID setup is the best I've seen yet. Or, splurge for the Trail Tech HID setup. The HID gets people's attention, I've had people flash me on bright sunny days.
What kind of HID did you put in yours? I bought a kit off ebay from japan (made a mistake of getting a car kit). The biggest POS ever. Half the time it wouldnt come on and I would have to cycle the switch on and off till it would finally light up. But when It was on, I could see the light on the ground in mid afternoon, in the sun. I finally got tired of it messing up and took it off the bike.

·
Registered
628 Posts
HID kits from a buddy of mine. They're slim, digital, DC ballasts. I got an H4 bixenon (hi/lo) with a lifetime warranty for $30. Best kit I've ever installed. [email protected] . Tell him Agg sent ya. :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
HAHA, it looks like Bumblebee after he got all fucked up in the first (second?) Transformers movie.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts