SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
canon 400d + canon efs 18-55mm lense (which REALLY sucks). thought the camera is great! i need some lenses with image stabilazers which would help to get such pics.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow very nice pics....ty

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
canon 400d + canon efs 18-55mm lense (which REALLY sucks). thought the camera is great! i need some lenses with image stabilazers which would help to get such pics. its a shame i couldn't participate as my bike was broken, the track was AWESOME, the weather was great etc.. but i made some nice shots:)

24-105 IS, is sweet for events where you can get up close, still nice and wide and 105 at the same time. It's the $1000.00 part that sucks!
You still got some great images though. And nice looking surroundings.
crash

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it would make a huge difference while making motion pics with IS lence (IS lense prevents from blurry images, these lenses in photography is like slipper clutch in supermoto: you still can back it in without it, but with it its easier) :D anyways i made 2500 pics that day, only 300 remained, only 50 uploaded :)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That is a 2.8 APO 70-200 it's huge because of the 2.8 part (lets in plenty of light).
The 24-105 IS is MUCH smaller and easier to use without a tripod. You know different lenses for different reasons. IMO the 24-105 IS is the most versatile lense ever made.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I REALLY dig the motion pics. When everything is crystal clear, it looks like the riders are standing still. These pics look FAST, man! Props to the photographer!

·
Registered
720 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharing! Nice to see a few Kawi's in the mix!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flames: i was surprised to see kawasaki
fish_bate wait until i get the IS lense:)

the reason why i was a photographer today is this

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the race was part of a motorcycle festival, though the race had to be on the same day as the festival but it wasn't. some pics from the bikeshow.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for those pictures!! Of both the supermoto race and the bike parade :) Soo many cool bikes, and some serious bikers.

Is everyone in Lithuania down with motorsports? Sure looks like it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bucky007: no, in fact only 4 supermoto racers were from lithuania, others were from latvia, estonia, finland, russia. though on the festival day around 20 thousand bikes from 30 countries came, its a HUGE event here. though i took pictures only where they gathered, then they made a trip all around the city like a parade and went to a closed area where the fun started: stunts, dragraces, rock-concerts etc. I wasn't participating as the bike was broken and it was HOT outside, had a poolparty at friend's :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Damn, matt those are some awesome pics!! you should post your best and most favorite one in the pro photog thread!! show your stuff!! yeah its crazy how 2500 shots can yield about 200 decent ones and then you weed it down to 50 from there!!

this one here made it to by background on the laptop... thanks man:thumbup:

and this one though might be my fave.
He's really bookin it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts