SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the Contour GPS camera it embeds the info into the video. I thought about that suzukijockey, but I don't mind. I just post the videos as a third party. :thumbup:.

Did a quick edit to cut a lot of the crap out and threw it on youtube. Sorry about the watermark.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I love the Lyons Valley/Japatul Rd. run!!! I have spent more time riding there than any other road in San Diego County. It's also the only place I have had a serious crash too:rant:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it's a great ride but since I'm the only supermoto among a group of sportbike friends no one ever wants to go near that road with me. The video doesnt do the road justice, I'll be trying to shoot a proper video (with an actual person and a camera NOT onboard) sometime in the near future. Sorry to hear about your crash, how bad was it and where??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yea it's a great ride but since I'm the only supermoto among a group of sportbike friends no one ever wants to go near that road with me. The video doesnt do the road justice, I'll be trying to shoot a proper video (with an actual person and a camera NOT onboard) sometime in the near future. Sorry to hear about your crash, how bad was it and where??
It was just past where Lyons Valley turns into Japatul Rd. there is a hairpin. I was riding a 600rr I had at the time and ran wide on a left-handed turn and lowsided when I caught some gravel. The left side of the bike was all jacked up and couldn't be ridden home. I broke my big toe:headscrat had really bad bruising down my leg and had road rash along my midsection where my jacket flipped up. My chin was bruised where my face hit the front of my helmet.

Not the worst crash in the world, but I never do any canyon rides anymore without full leathers.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Yea the one problem I have with Lyons Valley is there is some gravel floating around so I keep a sharp out eye out for that. Another precaution I now have is small animals. In the video I posted, if you look closely towards the beginning there is a snake in the middle of the road I avoided and towards the end a squirrel that I nearly ran over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts