SuperMoto Junkie banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK well that doesn't really change the fact that they suck to take on and off with no clearance. Most likely you will have to take them off to clean or refresh the engine at some point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I got inside the left case last night. An impact wrench is your best friend for getting the flywheel off. No problems there.

Keep in mind I just bought this bike used. It's a 2006 with about 9500 miles. 50 of which are mine.

When I got inside . . . I found this:

Oh is that too far away, let me hold it closer:

It ate all the way through the right side of the reed valve, and began eating halfway through the right screw. Unfortunately I hadn't planned on replacing the reed valve so now everything is on hold until I can get a replacement from motoexotica. When I pulled the cam chain tensioner it was at 14 clicks out. Be Warned. Also, never trust someone who claims they babied their bike, always better to check for yourself. This definitely would have blown the motor had it gone a few more miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My cam chain should be here soon so time to start thinking about rebuilding. Can someone tell me the torques for
RH cover bolts
LH cover bolts
Flywheel nut
Cylinder head bolts(just to check)
Rocker cover bolts
Waterpump bolts
I have a manual but as you know most things are labeled very vaguely. lol oh and any other torques I may have forgotten thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since there are two revolutions of the timing marks on the clutch side to one revolution of the punch mark on the cam gear, does this mean there are two different ways to align the cam gear? Meaning the first revolution of the timing marks and the punch mark on the cam gear is level with the head and towards the rear of the motor (as stated in the write up as the right way) then after the second revolution the timing marks would line up again but the punch mark would be faced towards the front (halfway or 180). And most importantly, does any of this matter, or as long as it lines up correctly originally and after spinning it around awhile it comes back to the same position it's all good?

·
Registered
1 Posts
side cover issues

Hay im having an issue removing my side cover to access my flywheel. Any tricks to remove it? I dropped two intake valve and I am currently working on putting a parts list together on what I will all need just ran into an issue removing any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just tapped a screwdriver into the gasket to wedge the mating surfaces apart. It was well stuck together. I did crack my cover however near one of the bolt holes I don't know if I don't it taking it off or when I was refitting it. So just be careful.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used some hylomar universal blue instant gasket along with the gaskets. It's good but not great if your going to be removing the covers regularly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
06 smr510

I need a favor from you guys. I got this husky 510 used, the lower chane roller doesn't seem to be in the right place. Right now is held were the botom bolt is for the bike stand, seems a litle to low,the chain is rubbing the frame( crossmember). I cant fit a biger roller either cuz is to close to the crossmember
I looked the parts manual and the bolt is grayed out, no clue whe it goes.
A picture would be appreciated very much.

Thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll take a pic of the rollers on my 610 for I when I get a chance. Maybe a pic of where it's rubbing might help people understand better what the problem is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So I figured that's the part is gone.
Now it's time to figure out to weld something back. Currently the engine is off for head work so I'll wait till that's done and have the chain installed.
Need to make something stronger than factory I gues but in the same time not to block that bolt for the swing arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
The roller and roller mount is missing. Hard to figure it out from the picture I know cuz the chain is not on.
I'm going to take more picture and probably open a new thread.
Apreciate you trying to help

201 - 220 of 232 Posts