SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here to the forum and to supermoto. However, I am not new to motorcycles. I have been riding motocross/dirt for over 15 years. I recently purchased a 2019 Husqvarna FS 450. I want to convert it to be street legal. The issue is that there are no (none that I've come across) tires that are street tires/treaded other than the michelin power sm's. I do not want to run a rain tire. Who knows of a street SM tire in a 16.5? There's got to be 1 out there.. although I haven't seen it yet. Right now the plan is michelin powers that have been treaded on the lean contact patch to match the front. HELP! I really don't want to buy a new set of rims or a front, if alpina even makes it to match the rear. Thanks in advance.

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Unfortunately, the only sensible option is a 17” front wheel.
Alpina do make a 17” rim.

If you decide on a new wheel, it might require spacers. I’ve just gone through the exercise of fitting my spare front wheels in my FS450. Not straight forward.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, the only sensible option is a 17” front wheel.
Alpina do make a 17” rim.

If you decide on a new wheel, it might require spacers. I’ve just gone through the exercise of fitting my spare front wheels in my FS450. Not straight forward.
Hmm the axle and hub are the exact same as the FC models. Maybe they gave you the wrong spacers. For now I think I'm going to try to get it passed with Michelin power supermoto with grooved rear to match the front. If they don't pass it I'll use the spare rims for track use. Worth a shot I would say. Someone assured me I will pass as they just check tread depth and see that they are properly inflated. Boy howdy will it be expensive if they don't. Cause I'm going for carbon talon hubs. I can't help myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Hmm the axle and hub are the exact same as the FC models. Maybe they gave you the wrong spacers. For now I think I'm going to try to get it passed with Michelin power supermoto with grooved rear to match the front. If they don't pass it I'll use the spare rims for track use. Worth a shot I would say. Someone assured me I will pass as they just check tread depth and see that they are properly inflated. Boy howdy will it be expensive if they don't. Cause I'm going for carbon talon hubs. I can't help myself.
I have a 2004 KTM SM race bike, a 2017 Husky 701SM, and a 2017 Husky 450SM.
Three different disc spacings: no spacer on the KTM, 8mm on the 450, 10mm on the 701.
The wheels all fit the 450FS, if you use the FS axle spacers. (But, as mentioned, require the disc spaced on the hub, if you want to put the caliper on.... This means a “spacer”, and longer disc bolts. All fun and games.) (The back wheels are more of an issue.)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I usually run my 16.5 slick in the front and also a slick on the rear when i ride my FS on the street. Which is not very often since I have a street tard. I also have a 17 inch from rim that I use if I know I will b in the rain or off road and i want a DOT legal tire on with so tread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts