SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd start my build thread cuz I've been ordering parts the last few days.

I've already ordered a wheelset and 320mm brakes.

some things in store for the next few weeks.
yz rear fender
integrated taillight (maybe sv650)
redesign rack. maybe something that comes off easily when i dont need it.
foot bar, sliders and stunt pegs
graphics kit
softer seat
supermoto front fender

here is how it was the day i picked it up. and a few after i put new headlight, blinkers, taillight and rack on it

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had one just like it!

I highly recomment a jetting kit from JD Jetting. Made a difference when paired with a YZ400 aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
628 Posts
this is gonna be awesome.

keep the pics coming. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice. Only one question though. Did you do your research on the rear rim? Only from past dealings that I have had, the 98 WR has the 20mm axle where in 99 they went to the 22mm. Had to deal with this already, and just relaced the rim to the stock hub. Nice to see another 98 in the mix.

Just finishing my build on a 98 as well. Will get pics up as soon as I am done this weekend. I do have a blue EVO fender and new plastics in blue if interested. Went for black this time and YZ for the tank.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. Only one question though. Did you do your research on the rear rim? Only from past dealings that I have had, the 98 WR has the 20mm axle where in 99 they went to the 22mm. Had to deal with this already, and just relaced the rim to the stock hub. Nice to see another 98 in the mix.

Just finishing my build on a 98 as well. Will get pics up as soon as I am done this weekend. I do have a blue EVO fender and new plastics in blue if interested. Went for black this time and YZ for the tank.
What r the options. I really haven't thought much about it. I've heard of changing bearings. Is there like a 1mm shim? Or would it just be easier to find a 99+ swingarm and swap them out?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What r the options. I really haven't thought much about it. I've heard of changing bearings. Is there like a 1mm shim? Or would it just be easier to find a 99+ swingarm and swap them out?
Forget the shim idea, 1mm is not going to happen. Bearing swap, another dead end. You won't be able to find the same O.D. with a 20mm I.D. As for swapping the swing arm, you will also have to swap the rear brake bracket and caliper. I just laced the rim to my stock hub to solve the problem. I delt with Eric at Warp9 to figure this all out...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
almost done!! i cant get the front brake to bleed so i guess im going to rebuild the master cylinder ans caliper to see if that helps. :rant:
i decided to find a 99 swingarm which i found everything on ebay for $50 everything bolted right up!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i had some clearance issues with the taillight so i went back to the little oval one i had. first jump it got smashed.. lol and i have been ridding to work a lot more and the cyclops just wasnt bright enough so i swapped the factory headlight back on. may get a hid setup for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
nice ride, looks better with the factory headlight anyways!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice ride, looks better with the factory headlight anyways!!
+1. that factory headlight doesnt look too bad. If you ask me the cyclops headlight looks as a good as well......a cyclops. looking forward to see what you end up doing with the tail light. I liked where you were going with the sv650 tailight. I'm a firm believer that the tail light/liscense plate placement can make or break the back end of a bike.

Keep it up:thumbup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am liking the factory headlight more and more. so if anyone is interested in the cyclops... i think for now i'm gonna leave the taillight alone. my next project is going to be a wheelie foot bar. may come up with something there as for a blinker taillight set-up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sweet build man! Looks super clean can't wait to see where it goes, maybe can get some ideas here...

I've got a '00 WR400 and another one in parts sitting in my van :D

Let me know if you need anything, and I mean anything at all, I've got it! :rofl:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet build man! Looks super clean can't wait to see where it goes, maybe can get some ideas here...

I've got a '00 WR400 and another one in parts sitting in my van :D

Let me know if you need anything, and I mean anything at all, I've got it! :rofl:
haha its ever changing. i've got tons of ideas and have been stealing others on here. i think it will all change again this winter when i tear it down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts