SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to this kinda thing. if this was a car i would have been fixed and back on the road.

but anyways just like the title says just like a miss in mid rpms. i changed the spark plug, no luck there. i'm gonna mess with the carb and see if that helps. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I wish I had the answer for you but I dont...must be a Yamaha thing. My bike does it too. Its a steady throttle thing (any rpm) on my bike not a mid throttle thing like you explain. Mine is intermitten and gets better the hotter my bike gets. I have done some research on it and there doesnt seem to be one answer. Some guys are jetting it away while others are buying new CDIs and its going away. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
How does it run up through the gears? My husky doesn't like steady throttle, then whacking it open. My bike runs great, unless in that scenario.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If your bike does this while cruising on flat ground under light load with a steady throttle, I wouldn't be surprised if a good mechanic who knows the bike told you that it's normal.
My street-plated (to get from trial to trail) 2009 WR-250F does exactly that, and the bike runs flawlessly when on the trail and riding it as intended.

I have read that this has something to do with the throttle position sensor and the bike's ignition mapping/electronics, and the fact that it wasn't intended to be a street bike.
I've hear of some guys unplugging the throttle position sensor to rid it, though I haven't done this.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If your bike does this while cruising on flat ground under light load with a steady throttle, I wouldn't be surprised if a good mechanic who knows the bike told you that it's normal.
My street-plated (to get from trial to trail) 2009 WR-250F does exactly that, and the bike runs flawlessly when on the trail and riding it as intended.

I have read that this has something to do with the throttle position sensor and the bike's ignition mapping/electronics, and the fact that it wasn't intended to be a street bike.
I've hear of some guys unplugging the throttle position sensor to rid it, though I haven't done this.
I totally agree with you. My bike runs flawlessly when being flogged upon...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts