SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired 95 CR500 that I'm converting to supermoto. I'll be adding pictures as the build goes. I would appreciate any input and answers to que questions I will be making.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Chowhall,

Will be interesting watching your build. I have a mate with a 89 CR500 wanting to do a motard conversion. The biggest issue he has at the moment is working out what wheels fit.

Al.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. That would be the last thing I do since it's the most expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you use to paint the engine, it looks great! How is the heat with that coating?
I used VHT paint. I've used their regular high temp stuff on my RD with good results. It's held up 2 years with no flaking or bubbling from quemicals. I have no idea what are the running temps on he engine since I don't think I'll be running the engine till next year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard that warp9 are and the lower end of quality.
I've got the Warp9 Elites on my XR650R. So far so good. They stand behind the products they sell and have the only warranty on sumo wheels. $1148 shipped with pilot power 2's installed from TheCycleHouse.com. Paid 1700 for my excels with rad hubs(outta business) for my DR650se. It is what it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've heard that warp9 are and the lower end of quality.
I've got the Warp9 Elites on my XR650R. So far so good. They stand behind the products they sell and have the only warranty on sumo wheels. $1148 shipped with pilot power 2's installed from TheCycleHouse.com. Paid 1700 for my excels with rad hubs(outta business) for my DR650se. It is what it is.
Thanks for the review. I plan on doing wheels last so I have no idea what I'm getting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Stacking and rebuilding rear shock. :bannana:

not sure why the picture rotated.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was supposed to add more pictures as I went but here's an update.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOW DO YOU ROTATE IMAGES. They are right side up when I open them but when I upload them they come out sideways. :headscrat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts