SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 94 350 a few years ago, finally got it home last week. I didn't think of getting pictures before I took it apart. It is kind of rough around the edges and will need some work to be ready for next year.

The carb is probably fine, as is the engine, but I will be changing the timing belt anyway. The wiring is almost a lost cause, half of the things work. Although some of the switches are bad, so the actual wiring may be OK, but it is all going to be redone anyway.

I'd like to get some 17" wheels for it, but that might have to wait for next winter, there is plenty of other things to spend money on.

The problem I have right now is that the axle clamp on the front axle (end of the fork) where the fork guards bolt to.... Well there was a non stock bolt in there, completely rusted, and it was stuck. I broke it off, then broke off my extractor. I welded up a big gob to bring the height up and welded a nut onto it. It twisted off a little more bolt. :hmmm: Now it is a few threads below the surface, and it looks like it is time to call the machine shop. :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got the frame back from powder coat today. This pic has the tank pucks and head bearing races already installed along with the subframe.



Screwed around with the head taper roller bearings a bit. I couldn't find the appropriate tool for them, so I put the triple clamp in the freezer and the bearing in the oven after it cooled a bit from heating up a pizza.

It fell into place. Whacked it a few times with a hammer on a PVC tube to make sure and it was done.

Engine is next; I need help with that. Getting it out when you don't care about the paint is easy. Putting it back in with a fresh powder coat job is already tightening my balloon knot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was going to tape shop towels to it, and use ductape on it for more durability the bottom area where it will be set down and probably slid around. The engine has some sharp things on the "oil pan" and it really tore off paint taking it out.

Still haven't got anybody over to do this yet, need the tops on the jeeps too.

I did get the triple clamps on the front though. I don't want to put the front end on yet without the engine because it is already teetering on the stand with out the extra weight.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top