SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
701SM wheels, tires, brakes, fender eliminator kits, tail tidy kits & newly found OEM

New forum to help narrow down some of the current trending topics buried down a little in the other forum posts.
This will focus on the 701 Supermoto wheels, wheel graphics, tires, brakes, fender eliminator kits, tail tidy kits, and newly found OEM or factory parts for the 2016 Husq 701Supermoto.

I'd like to keep this light and fun but if it's a more serious issue(s), feel free to post on the other 2-3 similar forum topics.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sprocket changes?

I'm noticing some lugging of the engine off the line and again in 2nd gear. I haven't checked the power setting on the bike yet, it could still be on the lowest setting. But I wanted to see if fellow riders felt the same lugging and vibrations. When coming out of 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd I hear some not so fun noises. Sounds like the bike out of gear thru the gears and not so cool vibrating.

Since the brake fluid is dark brown off the dealer floor, I bet the brake lines aren't so great nor the quality of oil. I'll run through that tomorrow.

I know from previous bikes, the gearing is off a lot so the bikes aren't running so hot to pass both the sound and EPA regulations.
I want a bigger rear sprocket and Husq makes some cool new sprockets. Has anyone changed a sprocket, and how was the response? I did it to my Ducati and it ran 100% better with a different sized sprocket.

Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2ns gear issue and sprocket questions.

1. Continuing from thread above, is anyone else having issues with 2nd gear? I was riding in cold, mildly humid air and the colder it got, the better the bike wanted to run. But on my last 2 night rides, when I'm pulling up into 2nd from 1st, it doesn't "pop" into gear. Its stopping in Nuetral so when I let off the clutch I rev the engine while bike just slows quickly, not make riders or drivers happy. It's gotta be a shift lever issue or something needs more grease / lube.

2. Sprockets: To get out of that 1st gear lug, I need to change up my sprocket. Anyone else think they are going to do it? And if so, are you doing both sprockets or just one? Husky has few hardware enhancements for the 701 but they have 2 rear sprocket options. I'm partial to the one with the tougher teeth, plus the color is pretty cool too.

Any suggestions on either of the issues? And on #2, is going up 2 teeth too much or would that get the job done? Even with the chain guard I still have, it looks like it fit without invasive work on it.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
R&G Tail Tidy

I saw this thread and thought it was more appropriate for the info on installing your R&G Tail Tidy.

The first step, of course, will be to remove your rear fender and tail light assembly. You will remove your seat, gas cap and rear plastic piece where the gas cap goes.
Disconnect all the connectors from your tail light, tag light, and turn signals.

It should look like this - I have my turn signals wires connected but yours should be disconnected.
[URL=http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/michael_kline2/media/RampG%20Tail%20Tidy%20Top%20Pic_zps6mf0ofkv.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u491/michael_kline2/RampG%20Tail%20Tidy%20Top%20Pic%202_zpshnv2foan.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Next you will mount your turn signals/indicators and the R&G brake light to the Tail Tidy Bracket. You will install the brace from your kit to the tail bracket.
Install your R&G Tail Bracket to the bike.

Wiring
How you choose to connect your wires is up to you. My turn signals are OEM so they are plug and play. I purchased 2 and 3 Pin JST-JWPF Connectors from http://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=115
Pins, and crimp tool. Crimping the pins on the wire was easy - getting them to lock into the connector was a PIA !!!!
With lots of patience and mutiple broken pins and connectors I finally got the pins to lock in. They sell a PIN insertion tool but I didn't want to spend $390.00 for it.
I also believe you can purchase pre-made connectors and wires from http://cycleterminal.com/ but the office was closed for inventory and I didn't want to wait.

There is a wiring clamp right next to the gas inlet that you can remove to better access your wiring.

Next you will connect your wiring. You will not connect the tag light wire from your bike because the Tail Tidy Kit uses the tail light power lead for the tag light
[/URL][/IMG]
FYI - I wrapped the Brake/Tail wire with Red tape so you will not have that on your bike

Here is the wire color code from the bike.

Left Rear Turn Signal
Brown = Ground
Purple = Positive

Right Rear Turn Signal
Brown = Ground
Black = Positive

Brake/Tail/Tag Light
Brown = Ground
Yellow = Tail/Tag
White/Green = Brake

R&G Brake Light Wire Color Code
Black = Ground
Yellow = Tail/Tag
Red = Brake

Extra Pics of project

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tail tidy r&g husky 701 2017

Hi iv tried to install an r&g tail tidy blown a couple of fuses in the proccess.Iv got to the point were the brake light comes on with the led white plate light but when i pull the brake lever the white plate light gets brighter.I also wired it a diffirent way were both lights come on but nothing happens when you pull the brake lever.I also double checked with the original brake light and that works can anyone help me thanks

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
While I can't help you specifically. I can tell you from bitter experience that LED lights can act in very perculiar ways. Mixing them with conventional bulbs causes even more weirdness.

If you are blowing fuses, you have made a basic error - short to earth.

Can you return it to stock, check it works then just replace the new tail light (two wires - live and earth) then replace the brake light (live with either or both brakes applied, and an earth, possibly shared with the tail light.)?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still looking for changes to my tail light. I love the LED and how it works, I just don't like all the bulkiness. But I did find a guy either on this forum or on Instagram who used the factory LED tail light and cut it all down, moved the tag to under his seat in the wheel well and re-mounted the license plate (tag) light to shine on this new position. It looks awesome, just depends on what you local cops might do, but I think it's a great fix. If I find the pics of it i'll repost them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts